This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade New Baby Thank You Notes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Homemade New Baby Thank You Notes

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Homemade New Baby Thank You Notes

This week's Works for Me Wednesday was supposed to be a "best of" theme, but not only have I not been participating very long, but I already had this one ready before I knew there was a theme... so here you have mine! :) Many moms with new babies just buy cards, but this is what worked for us... this time! :)

With a new baby come lots of gifts! Gifts of service and gifts of goods! We have been blessed to receive both, so it is hardly necessary to mention that with the birth of a new baby come lots and lots of thank you notes! One friend actually told me not to give her a thank you note! I love her... she is my new favorite person in the world! Unfortunately, I am so happy with the thank you notes that we made, that I can't leave her out of receiving one of these... :)
So here's the step by step:

I started with pink card stock. I cut each sheet in half with my paper cutter and left the half sheets unfolded. (Sorry there isn't a picture of this... but paper cutting is boring anyway!)
Next paint the bottom of your baby's foot with the color of your choice (we used craft paint).
Don't miss the toes!

Press the adorable little painted foot onto the card stock. (Ok... so that card stock looks folded, it was the first one and we were making sure of the placement!)

Be sure to press down the toes!

Carefully lift the foot away from the paper.

Carefully now!

Now repeat the process...
Pressing carefully in place...
And then carefully lifting away from the paper to leave this cute foot heart.

Don't they kind of look like hearts???

Cause they're supposed to... DH doesn't see it. So... if you don't see it either... you too can use your imagination! :)

Embellish with buttons or bows or whatever! I wrote "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!" on the front next to the foot prints. :) I think they turned out adorable! :)


Helpful hints: It is NOT possible to do this project by yourself! My mom and I did it together (in fact, those very polished nails are hers... like I have time to polish my nails. I only have time to plan to polish my nails.) Also, we found that it worked much easier when DD was nursing. The footprints look much better when the baby isn't thrashing around, literally kicking and screaming (is that where that phrase came from?) When she was nursing she let us do just about anything we wanted with her feet. :) So I nursed and helped with placement, and mom did the painting and pressing. Finally, we found it easier to put the paper on a clipboard and bring it to the baby than to bring the baby (and nursing mom) to the paper on a table! :)


I hope you enjoyed this! :) We had lots of fun.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At April 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

What a cute idea. I was wondering how you got her to participate so well. Thanks for letting us know.

 
At April 2, 2008 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

I just recently found your blog through the Monday Meal planning since you plan for Toddler meals, and I have a toddler...well now 3 year old. But we are pregnant with a baby girl and I LOVE this idea sooooooooooooo much. I am totally going to do this. I think I will get all the card stock cut and ready so that it will be just the feet prints that I have to work on. When my Mom comes to help out after our little one is born I will ask her to help me out too. Wow! love this idea soooo much.

 
At April 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM , Blogger jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Those are so cute! i'm totally stealing the idea when i have my next one.

 
At April 3, 2008 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Irene said...

A totally cute idea friend. I could imagine you and your mom doing it and I can also imagine lots of laughs in the process!

 
At April 3, 2008 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

Simply adorable. And I did wonder if that was really your hand or not. 1) Polish with a newborn and toddler? 2) Didn't remember you wearing a pointer ring. :-)

Are things improving on the nursing front?

 
At April 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

These cards are adorable. If we have any more children, I may just have to make some myself.

 
At April 4, 2008 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Marva said...

Those are too precious! What a terrific idea! Blessings!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home