This Page

has been moved to new address

Almost Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Almost Home

Monday, April 12, 2010

Almost Home


We're sitting in the Miami Airport and will be for another half hour. This has been a very nice trip... though longer than we probably expected. My Beloved was sick for the first few days, but we were able to redeem the rest of the week and had a very enjoyable vacation together, just the two of us.

I will say though that I'm very excited to return home to my babies... and to my duties at home. I've missed everything it means to be a stay at home mommy this past week. In the next few days I am hoping to be able to focus that energy into renewed dedication to do my job better as we pick up the pieces of being away.

The kids seem to have done very well with Grandma and Grandpa. We were able to send some pictures and video clips home to them each evening so they could see what Mommy and Daddy were doing. And in return, My Beloved's parents sent us reports and some pictures of them. It was nice to be able to connect with them in this way. We also had a chance (via Skype) to talk to them on the phone a couple times from the ship. It was both nice and made me wish we were together.

We thought of the kids all week and especially noted anything we knew the kids would have enjoyed, or how they would have responded to various parts. Overall, though, we do think they were probably happier at home with Grandma and Grandpa, on their own schedule, in their own beds (and Grandma and Grandpa were certainly happier). As much as we would have enjoyed sharing this vacation with them, I think it worked out well the way we did it. And now My Beloved and I are looking that much more forward to our summer vacation, coming in a few months, WITH the kids!

I don't know how much time it will take to regroup from our time away, but I'll be back with you all as soon as I can with some fun images of our trip!

Blessings,
Babychaser

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home