This Page

has been moved to new address

Make it something they like

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Make it something they like

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Make it something they like

I had an epiphany last night as I was finishing up dinner prep. We had Meatballs with Cream Sauce and I was finishing up the cream sauce. Tornado was in his high chair already, munching on this and that... parts of dinner. As I continued with the sauce, I asked Tornado if he wanted more. "Bahhh, bahhhh" he said, signing "ball" at the same time and pointing to the pan of meatballs cooling on the stove. He has taken to calling meatballs "balls", and since balls are all the rage at our house these days, meatballs are very exciting.

This led me to the idea that if we can make unwanted foods look like something popular, we may have a chance at getting them down. Try the meatball thing with your toddlers... if they don't notice the ball, point it out. Maybe you can get meat in them. Tornado already likes ground meat, so I can't promise it will work.

Any other ideas for making food look like favorite things??? I'd love your ideas in the comments!

For more kitchen tips, visit Tammy!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At July 8, 2008 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

One of my "tricks" is to use a cookie cutter to cut a sandwich in the shape of something fun. My kids love to eat a "truck" or "butterfly" ham and cheese sandwich much more than a plain square one. :-)

 
At July 8, 2008 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes we have a triangle lunch where everything is cut into small triangles. We recently had a letter B lunch- blueberries and banana slices, and bagels. We also make our own Lunchables style lunch sometime using a sectioned plate. Poking food with a toothpick or pretzel stick is fun too. Although not until a little older.We also have "choice" lunch when there is lots of leftovers and bits in the fride, everyone gets to pick what they want.
-Katmaxx

 
At July 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I wonder if I hide stuff in ice cream Emma will eat it... ha,ha!

 
At July 10, 2008 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Donielle said...

I too do the cookie cutter thing. My 2 yr old loves "stars" so I'll cut up his sandwich if I really want to make sure he eats it all!
He too loves the "balls" as in blueberries. We just got back from the farmers market and thats all he wanted for lunch! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home