This Page

has been moved to new address

If I Twittered...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: If I Twittered...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

If I Twittered...

Or is it Tweeted?

As you can tell, I don't. I don't even know the lingo. But I found myself tweeting to you all in my head yesterday as I was finishing up the "throw-up all over everything in the crib during naptime" part of my day.

Poor Sweet Pea was sick. I didn't know it until I heard uncharacteristic crying coming from the previously sleeping one an hour or so early. I find that she'll wake up dry from her nap (which is nice since she's in underwear), but only if I get her fast. If she's in there long, she most often wets or soils herself before she's completely awake. So yesterday, when I heard her fussing, I hurried right in there... hoping to save myself a bed full of laundry.

Upon my arrival, something just didn't seem right... then I spotted it (and I will spare you what "it" was... lets just say that it was just about everything she'd eaten thus far). My poor sweet girl. We got her cleaned up and they I found a silver lining to Tornado's annoying refusal to obey and take his nap... I didn't have to worry about waking him. I settled Sweet Pea into a corner on his bed and gave her (newly clothed I must add) the few stuffed animals/dolls that weren't soiled. Then I set to work on the tedious and yucky "mommy job".

It was as I was wrapping things up and getting everyone settled in the living room that I started tweeting to you all in my head. Something to the affect of... "Just finished cleaning up a crib full of throw up. Nap time woefully shortened. Kitchen way out of hand!"

It wasn't much later that I was tweeting to you in my head again with... "Doing dishes as I go, but not in the way you think. I keep washing the things I need so that I can use them."

That's pretty much how yesterday went.

Then, with kids quietly and contentedly sleeping that evening, we settled in to watch Blind Side... until Sweet Pea was crying again. This time with a 103 fever.

Praise the Lord she didn't keep it high long!

Let's just say that we're taking it easy today. How about you?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Sick kids is no fun. I think I prefer fevers to throwing up, though. At least they are more comfortable. Everyone is well here and enjoying the lovely spring weather. Even I am feeling mostly better these days (only sick about once a week). By the way, I don't twitter either. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home