This Page

has been moved to new address

Spent $4.99 on Diapers... but that's not all!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Spent $4.99 on Diapers... but that's not all!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Spent $4.99 on Diapers... but that's not all!

The time has come again for me to share my great God's provision!

Ok... so it isn't that much stuff. Remember, I am just starting! So I got the other stuff free and it helped me decrease the amount I paid on the diapers! Here's how it worked this week:

Transaction 1 (Store 1 really)
Our closest CVS finally had the Crest Pro-health PM (@ $3.29) from the October ECB flier. Every other time we've been there they have been sold out. I was very excited! So, even though they didn't have what we were there for, we went ahead and spend out of pocket money on this to get the $3.29 ECBs from it. Just like getting it free!

Transaction 2 (Store 2 really)
I called around to all the stores close or in route to my ultrasound appointment (news on that to come), and none of them had the advertised Nova Max Blood Glucose Monitors. But, they are advertised down to $29.99 and will print out $20 ECBs, so I called one of the stores on the other side of the river (really only 15-20 minutes from here). Did I mention that I had the $50 off coupon from the Diabetic Booklet out right now? I must thank Sense to Save for the tip! So... I got the Nova Max BG Monitor for $29.99 (the lady at the pharmacy put my name on it so it would still be there when I arrived), and of course, I needed diapers right?! So, since those were, of course, not on sale, I added them on to my order. I then used a $2/$10 CVS coupon, the $50 off Nova Max coupon (keyed in at $29.99) and $5.29 in ECBs. That took my order down to $1.70... for diapers!

Really when we put the two together, I spent $4.99 on the 40 pack of diapers (that is a $4 savings!), but, I also walked away with $20 in ECBs... that is more than $14 more than I had last week. It is fun to make money and watch it grow while shopping at CVS!

Now I know the Lord will provide someone to bless with this free Nova Max BG Monitor! If not, I suppose I'll have to try Ebay! (I'd rather pass it on though.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

What a great thing to do. If you don't find an individual person to give it to you can donate it to a diabetics group like ipump.org http://www.ipump.org/donations/diabetessupplies_1.html .

 
At October 31, 2007 at 6:10 PM , Blogger The Proverbs Wife said...

Hello~Stay at Home Mommy. Thank you for leaving the crock pot suggestion to my oven dillema. I do have a crock pot that I don't use as often as I could.

I see that you are jumping on the drugstore savings bandwagon, and so am I. Sense to Save just posted a response to a question concerning grouping coupons for the most savings impact. It is a great post and you may what to check it out.

Thanks again for the tip.

 
At October 31, 2007 at 8:28 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Thanks to both of you! I have seen Sense to Save's recent post!

Great idea on donating the monitor! I'll have to look into that!

 
At November 1, 2007 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Kacie said...

Right on! I'm glad I could pass along the Nova Max tip. I didn't know about it until I read it on
http://thriftyfloridamama.blogspotcom/

I'll be donating my monitor as well. Fortunately, I don't need it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home