This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Favorite Mommy Tool

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: My New Favorite Mommy Tool

Friday, October 26, 2007

My New Favorite Mommy Tool

What is it? I think you will be shocked... unless you too have children!



Yep, that's right... it's a bulb syringe.

I can remember being terrified of them in nursing school, and even as they sent me home from the hospital with my completely dependent infant and this, this, blue thing.

What if I can't do it? What if I do it wrong? What if I hurt the baby?

Well ladies (and gentlemen if any of you have accidentally stumbled here), I don't know what my problem was. This thing is magical.

Sadly, my little DS (10.5 months) got the flu thing that his daddy (my DH) had over the weekend. It starts with a headache and sore throat and a fever. Then over the next couple days the congestion starts. Though I wouldn't wish it on my DH again, I am thankful he had it before my DS because I have a bit of an idea what he may be suffering from. DH was able to tell me when his throat hurt, or when he had a headache. DS can only cry, fuss, and be really needy. So... I assume he has a headache and throat pain and we give the child some Tylenol. Sorry if you think this is the wrong thing to do, but the child needs to sleep some time!

Anyway, on to the subject of this post. My sweet little boy is into the congested portion of this sickness. He just can't breath and really sounds miserable. During eating and drinking it is even worse. So... out comes the bulb syringe. Usually he fusses and cries, but today during lunch (yes, sorry, during lunch) I brought it out again. Each time I used it he got excited, smiled and even laughed. He loved it. And he felt so much better after! What makes this even better is that my mom tells a similar story from when I was DS's age! :)

So there you have it... it's a magic tool!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home