This Page

has been moved to new address

You'll never believe what I got!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: You'll never believe what I got!

Monday, October 22, 2007

You'll never believe what I got!

I am way excited and rejoicing in the Lord this evening… and why? Because I just spent $.55! That doesn’t sound like such a big deal until you realize that I spent it on all this…

And yes, those are diapers in the back!

Ok… so I have been spending a lot of time over at Money Saving Mom learning how to be a frugal shopper. Crytsal (the author of that fabulous blog) has dedicated a lot of time to helping others save as she does. Check out her CVS 101 article if you have a CVS nearby!

Anyway, with her help, and some of my own innovation (well, ok, we needed diapers), I went and tackled using coupons. Here is how I got all that for only $.55:

Transaction 1:
I took advantage of the spend $20 on Tylenol products, get $10 ECB (Earned Cash Back—coupon type thing printed with your receipt that can be used like cash on your next transaction). Now this is where it gets fun! I also had some coupons:
3 Tylenol products came to $23.87.
I used a $4 off $20 coupon (from signing up for email specials)that took me down to $.13 under $20…so
I added a bag of $.99 Candy Corn
Then I used another $4 off $20 coupon because I was still above $20!
Then I used a $2 off $10 coupon (that they let me stack)
Then I had THREE $5/1 manufacturer coupons (you can print here--you will need to use a second computer to print the 3rd one. I figure since the purchase is for DH and I, there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of printing 2 from each computer.)

Now, I was planning to use my ECBs from last week, but all that brought me down to -$.15! So I had to add the Spree candy on (which you can see DH and I broke into when I got home—celebratory!) and didn’t use my ECBs! Out of pocket expense: $.55! On top of this, I still get to send in for a $5 rebate on the Tylenol! I made money on this trip!

Transaction 2:
Ok… so there were no deals this week on diapers or freezer bags, but I needed both of them. We discovered this evening that we only had 2 diapers left (I really thought I had another pack somewhere, but I guess not 'cuz we searched the house), and I decided not to cut and cook all of the rest of the chicken, thus we needed more freezer bags. All was not lost though, because I had another $2 off $10 coupon (print yours here). So, how did this one go?
Purchase CVS diapers (we are trying them because they are cheaper) at $8.99
Purchase Ziplock Freezer Bags (brand was a tiny cheaper than store version) at $2.99
No tax on these (random) took that to $11.98
Ok… so my first transaction messed up a bit and the $10 ECBs didn’t print, so she just punched them in right at the beginning of this transaction instead of last… leaving me with $1.98.
I panicked! Obviously! “Oh no… but I have a $2 coupon!” The nice lady said, “Well, what if I just punch that in as $1.98 and you don’t pay anything?” Of course I said that would be great! Out of pocket expense: $0.00! And… I didn’t end up using my $2 ECBs from last week like I thought… so I still have them for next week!

I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to Crystal at Money Saving Mom! By sharing her knowledge and time with all of us she has allowed herself to be used by God to help me save my family $36.98 this week!—plus the $5 rebate still coming! I saved our family more than $40 by shopping this week! Thanks Crystal… and mostly, thank you God for your provision!

If you are interested in how to make this work for you, I highly suggeste checking out Money Saving Mom for yourself. She already explains it so much better than I could! Oh, and if you want the details on this weeks savings, go here!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 at 12:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nicely done! This could be a lucritive hobby! You Go Girl!

Love you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home