This Page

has been moved to new address

Frugal Friday--WIC

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Frugal Friday--WIC

Friday, October 19, 2007

Frugal Friday--WIC


Ok, so maybe this isn't exactly "Frugal", but it saves us money! We are a one income family, and my DH is in ministry. The Lord never ceases to provide for us, though, like many of you, it very rarely works out on paper. :)

In Pennsylvania, where we live, we have WIC, a program for Women, Infants, and Children (I think up to age 5.) In my state, if you make less money as a family than their charts say for the number of people in your home, you qualify... starting with pregnancy. When I was expecting our first child, last summer, I applied and started receiving checks... months before my son was born. We receive free groceries like milk, cheese, juice, eggs, and cereal. I may be missing something. Then once our DS was born, we qualified for several more things (since I was a breastfeeding mom). When we switched to formula (though I wanted to continue nursing), they started giving us formula.

It may work somewhat differently in your state, but I would check it out. It has helped stretch our grocery budget a great deal!

Check out Pennsylvania WIC!

Check here for a whole bunch more states!

And let me know if this information was helpful to you! I would love to hear your story!

For more Frugal Friday tips... visit Biblical Womanhood!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home