This Page

has been moved to new address

This weeks dinners

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: This weeks dinners

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This weeks dinners

I am not great at meal planning. I was, for a while. The first 5-6 months of our marriage I was really good at everything. I had routines, a clean house, and planned meals almost all the time. Then I got a job (for one semester) teaching English at the high school level (we work working to finish paying off our debt). I had never taught before, so some of you can imagine how much time it took each day just to keep up with all the curriculum planning, grading, etc. During that time, my DH was wonderful and did so many of my responsibilities so that I could bring work home with me. I was definitely unable to keep up with my Home Keeper role!

After that job ended at the end of January '06 I struggled to figure out routines again. It took me a while to get back into things. Before I could, I started feeling tired all the time... too tired. Not long after finding out that we were, indeed, expecting our first little one, I was sick... very sick. "Morning Sickness" hit me all day, everyday, for much of the first 6 months of my pregnancy (after that it was only in the mornings!). I couldn't do anything. Any more than sitting and reading or working on my quilt made me sick. Dishes were the worst... having my hands wet, and hearing the running water were definitely triggers that sent me running down the hall. I was able to go a number of hours 3-5 between being sick in the afternoons if all I did was sit. Once again, my DH was wonderful in stepping in to cook, clean, care for himself, and care for me. (It's no wonder he hates it when I am pregnant!) When DS was born in December... well, I don't have to tell you how difficult it is to get re-organized with a newborn... then a baby, then a mover! on the loose! I finally feel like I am slowly picking up where I should have picked up long ago in the area of fulfilling my biblical role of Home Keeper/Help meet! Slowly but surely... there is still dust on the fans (and everywhere else) and clutter still accumulates... but I am getting better.

So this week, my goal was to have a meal plan for the week (at least for dinners), and the extension of that goal, now that I have one, is to follow it all week! None of this, "oops, I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer... well, what will we have now?" stuff!

Anyway, for you inquiring minds... here is what we have planned!

Tuesday
Burgers (patties I already made and froze)
Tatter tots (the last of the bag)
Chips (to round out the tatters)
Veggies (left over from the other night)

Wednesday
Chili (I am making this from scratch!... we'll see how it goes)
Corn Bread (also from scratch... yummy!)
Honey Butter... does that even need to be said?
Salad

Thursday
Taco Salad (Blue Tortilla Chips, lettuce, re fried beans, ground taco meat (venison/beef), olives, tomato, etc) ~ kind of a one dish meal.

Friday
Tuna Casserole (my own recipe... I'll share it sometime)
Green Beans or Asparagus (depends which one is on sale)
Rolls

Saturday
Homemade Pizza (we have a crust in the freezer from a couple weeks ago)
Buffalo Chicken (made with Frank's Red Hot)

Sunday
Left-overs (Saturday and Sunday can be interchangeable depending on last minute plans.)


What are you having this week???

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home