This Page

has been moved to new address

Call for Accountability... Wanna join me?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Call for Accountability... Wanna join me?

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Call for Accountability... Wanna join me?

It's official!... I'm out of control! With 5 1/2 weeks to go (give or take), I want to really buckle down on taking care of myself and this little one within. We could say it's a maternal instinct to do what's best for my baby, but in reality I caught a profile shot of myself in the mirror last night. Let's just say it wasn't pretty... and I'm one of those much hated pregnant woman who "looks really good" through the whole pregnancy. I didn't swell up, I don't gain weight everywhere, etc.

I go to the doctor today... so I'll find out what my cookie eating and lack of restraint has done to the scale (I'm afraid... very afraid). Really though... personal weight gain isn't my primary concern (thought it will be after our little one is here). Nope... I was informed that decreasing my carbs and sugar consumption in the last month, and exercising regularly, can reduce the birth weight of my baby. Now, for those of you who have had babies with birth weights that were too low, please understand that I am simply trying to avoid another 9 pounder! Yep... DS was 9 pounds!

So I figure... I have 5 1/2 weeks to (carefully) watch what I eat (not a diet, just wise choices) and exercise (mostly consisting of walking inside). I still plan to have a "something sweet" with DH in the evenings, but not all day munchies!

Anyone want to join me??? It's a matter of discipline... and I figure we can do it for 5 1/2 weeks! I know some of you are expecting around the same time I am... make your goal however long you have left. Let's get in shape as best as we can (if the doctors say it's ok of course) before those babies get here... our bodies will thank us later! :)

Not pregnant??? Join us anyway... you can use my due date as your deadline! Just try it with us.
If you plan to join in, leave a comment with your goals and plan! We can do this together... it's tough in the winter... let's be accountable to each other! :)
  • My goal... hopefully lower baby's birth weight, tone leg muscles (and a little higher than the legs too) and generally increase indurance.
  • My plan... walk with a walk aerobics video at least 15 minutes each day 5 days a week, be disciplined with healthy food choices and quantities without depriving my little one of what she needs!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I've only got a week and half left, so I will join you for that amount of time with eating better. I've been trying to eat better anyway because I have gained more weight than I did with my first. And I seemed to do it with big jumps. I would gain 2 or 3 pounds in a week. Ugh! It's too cold and windy to walk outside, and I don't have a good video right now, so I will have to do without the exercise.

After I have this baby, however, I plan on eating whatever I want! At least for the first couple of weeks. Saying that, you have to understand that we don't keep sweets in our house (except hidden Girl Scout Cookies that are a year old!). And I will be recovering from labor and breastfeeding. I couldn't get enough to eat with my last baby for the first few days. I have to admit that I enjoyed it!

 
At February 1, 2008 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

What timing! I'm not pregnant, but Dad and I are going to start Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet on Monday (not until then because we are going away this weekend and would blow it anyway) :-)

So, I'll join ya!

 
At February 2, 2008 at 3:15 AM , Blogger IF said...

Hi Babychaser! You always have some great ideas and I love catching up on your blog when I have a few spare minutes! I have a 14 month old little girl and another little girl on the way due at the end of May! I am having a hard time this pregnancy as well, mainly with chocolate. Almost all of the foods cooked here are from scratch, so its all pretty healthy but I miss a good fattening dish or dessert from a US restaurant. I am having a hard time with being unable to resist any chocolate or peanut butter/ nutella in my house! It is so hard!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home