This Page

has been moved to new address

I don’t know where to start…

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: I don’t know where to start…

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I don’t know where to start…

My mom was here this past week and it was such a blessing to have the help. It was especially nice having her here Saturday afternoon as she, DH and I did a little spring cleaning. It’s not what we planned to do with our afternoon. In fact, we had just been discussing making pizza for dinner and whatever other things we wanted to do with Mom’s last night here. We cleaned up our thank you note project and mom headed down the hall to get DS up from his nap. We had been hearing him play for a while, but needed to clean up the project first.

Upon entering his room at the end of the hall, Mom reported smelling the worst smell so far! Certain that was ridiculous, DH and I headed down the hall after her. “Why would you come down here?!?” She asked us. As we arrived at the doorway, we were almost knocked off our feet. With the very next second I looked over at DS only to see the crib caked with poop and my little boy naked from the waist down! Mom hadn’t even seen all that yet.


Ugh! What in the world do you do first in that sort of situation??? What do you clean first? And how ever do you get the child clean without getting it all over the rest of the house?? I’ll tell you, it wasn’t pretty! We decided to head straight for the tub… but first the (um… sorry for the yucky details) big stuff had to come off. My sweet mother did an initial wipe down, then we air lifted him to the bath tub. After a quick soak and scrub down I emptied the tub, removed the child and wiped down the now defiled bathtub! Once it was clean again, I refilled the tub and put DS back in. This was the second washing, the one that involved soap and bath toys.

I really got the easy end of the deal! “You wash the child and we’ll clean up” they said. They didn’t have to twist my arm. Once DS was sufficiently plopped in the tub of warm water with toys, my “work” was done. Well… almost. There was some basic cleansing and sanitizing of the bathroom floor (where, um, yuckiness had fallen from the child) needed.

Long story short, while my husband and mom did a DEEP clean and reorganization of DS’s room, I did a deep clean of the bathroom floor! This was something on my to do list that probably never would have gotten done without such a thing happening. Since I had to be in the bathroom as long as DS was in the tub, and DS had to be in the tub as long as it took to get his room cleaned, scrubbing the bathroom floor was the perfect activity! It looks so nice!

So does DS’s room by the way! They did a great job! And it smells fresh and clean too!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At April 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

Oh no. Mine did that at daycare Tuesday. I was so glad they were the ones who had to deal with it. My sister has twin 2 year olds and one of them does it all the time. Ugh.

 
At April 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

oh my my...a blogging friend of mine just told me about something very simular happening to her this past week with her 2 year old son. Your story was much more graffic and funny. I love the picture...LOL Good to find the silver lining in the situation and your got your bathroom crubbed down. LOL

 
At April 3, 2008 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Kevin and Emily Hall said...

Okay, you win. Poop all over the place is MUCH worse than a termite flying up my nose.

 
At April 4, 2008 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Marva said...

Our two year old twin boys started doing this a few months back. I put a stop to it after scrubbing 40 fingernails and toemails with a nail brush to remove the yuckiness. They now each wear a silver belt during all nap and bedtimes! Better known as Duct tape!

Glad you got a clean bath floor out of the deal!;)

Blessings!!!

 
At April 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM , Blogger T-Money said...

Yeah, super glad I wasn't there for that!! Somehow I feel as if the butterfly pooing on my lip was a little different, after all I didn't get a clean bathroom out of it!

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home