This Page

has been moved to new address

A Bookshelf, Repurposed... again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A Bookshelf, Repurposed... again

Friday, July 25, 2008

A Bookshelf, Repurposed... again

We've lived in this little mobile home for 3 1/2 years now (I'll get back to our love story someday soon, I promise!) It's amazing how our needs have changed in that time. Our guest room became our nursery, and as such, we needed to redecorate... on a budget. This post, however, isn't about that particular re-purposing. That change marked the first re-purposing of one particular book shelf. This past week, My Beloved approached me with an idea. Could we move the bookshelf from Tornado's room (someday soon to be Sweet Pea's room too) into the living room to hold toys?

Huh... what a great idea. It wasn't holding books anymore anyway. When we "redecorated" that room into a nursery, the books got packed away. Those shelves had held a number of things in the year and a half since Tornado was born: diapers, toys, baby books, blankets, extra clothes (some that didn't fit anymore and others that didn't fit yet), etc, etc. Over time however, most of the toys and books kept ending up out here in the living room. Sure, I would grab a bunch and move them back to the bedroom to decrease clutter, but in less than a weeks time everything was out here again.

Why not. Wednesday night before putting Tornado to bed, My Beloved and I carried the bookshelf out here... then after bedtime, we rearranged some things. What a difference it has made. Sure... it doesn't match ANY of the other furniture in our house. And sure... we needed another piece of furniture in this room like we needed a hole in our heads. But it's so much better. I wish I'd taken a before picture for you, but I didn't think of it (you're shocked right?). The toy situation was just mounding in the corner. Now, I actually feel like I can train Tornado to clean up after himself. Here are pictures of the shelves now.
The best part about all this is that it was completely free! I'm all for frugal... and it doesn't get any better than that!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

looks great! i love baskets like you used on the bottom shelf :)

 
At July 25, 2008 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best way to teach your child. If it is easy for them they will learn.

 
At July 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Tami@ourhouse said...

I love the idea of a bookshelf for toys. Looks better than the basket in my lr!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home