This Page

has been moved to new address

When it "can't" get any worse

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: When it "can't" get any worse

Friday, October 15, 2010

When it "can't" get any worse

Don't let this little bundle of cuteness fool you. He can be a trouble maker just like the rest. And sometimes you just have to go with it... and let out a hearty laugh!

Lately, Little Man has been tending toward pooping while he eats. This makes it a little tricky to "catch" those poops in the toilet like I prefer to do. As soon as I hear evidence of this, we make quick work of getting to the bathroom... in the hopes of catching whatever may be left. Some days it works out that way. Other days....

I was talking to my mom this morning while dealing with a "situation" in the bathroom. "This couldn't get worse," I said through the phone. "Don't say that," she quickly advised.

This afternoon I was feeding while the kids ate their lunch. Before I new it, and only a few minutes into the feeding, there was that tell tale sound. Off we went to the bathroom to see what sort of damage had been done.

Yuck.

The second (of 2 I might add) diaper cover to be covered in poop today! Since we only have two, I try to keep them washed so that there is always one ready for such a moment. When they are back to back pooped on, I can only do so much! I took a deep breath, smiled at him, and moved onto clean up.

Where do I start? It was everywhere. This doesn't happen nearly as often as it did with the other kids when they were his age, but it does happen occasionally. I was on my second wipe when he started spitting up. Clear-ish milkiness oozed and dribbled, soon poring from the corner of his mouth. What could I do. I just let it happen. I'd get it in a minute.

I was working on my 3rd or 4th wipe when he began peeing all over himself, his onsie, and the mat. I let out my breath, thankful I had the disposable mat down over the bath towel I use folded up on the counter for padding. (Last week messy things happened there and I didn't have a mat down.)

Ugh. Oh well. I'll just clean that up in a minute.

Finally there was no poop to be seen. All clean. I debated whether I would set him on the toilet now. I usually would, but he'd already pooped and pottied, so there was probably no need. I paused to think of how to best get his soaked in potty clothes off of him.

Then I heard it.

The noise.

A gurgle.

Oh no.

There's no time.

It's coming.

I did what any experienced mommy would do. I lifted the bottom part of the mat to act as a backboard for this next activity. More poop... squirting. Puddling. Under him. All over the mat. Praise the Lord for the disposable mat. It really did it's job today!

More wipes. Now there truly was no reason to put him on the toilet, but I think I did anyway.

Sometimes there is no response but to laugh. Laugh and do the next thing.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe diapers aren't such a bad thing after all... You may want to get more than two. Jenni B

 
At October 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger kristen said...

I did cloth diapers for a little while... am interested in doing it now for my 18 month old so potty training will be easier. What kind do you use?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home