This Page

has been moved to new address

More you should know about flying this holiday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: More you should know about flying this holiday

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More you should know about flying this holiday

I have a feeling this mistreatment by TSA isn't going away soon. As it turns out, as we stand up and say we won't accept one thing, it just keeps getting worse. As I was sharing with a lady here recently, about how TSA is going right up lady's skirts to "search" and touch everything, she stated, "Well then, I guess I'll be wearing pants on my flight." Now it seems, that isn't going to matter... they're reaching right down our pants!

I've also just heard a story about a little girl, three years old, who screamed as she received a full pat down. My heart aches as I hear her scream in the video, "Don't touch me!" I don't know about you, but I teach my children that no one except mommy and daddy can touch them if they don't want them too. In fact, in light of this video (they overheard the girl crying while I watched), I've started explaining to them that if anyone else touches them they can and should scream as loud as they can. Let's not mix messages here... are they or are they not supposed to let strangers touch them? Any strangers?

My Beloved brought my attention to a very interesting thing last night... a little good in all this bad. Apparently, when TSA was brought into airports after 9/11, it was a short term thing, and after 2 years, airports could choose between TSA and private security. Perhaps there is something we can do after all. I'd encourage you to call your local airport/s (or even non local airports) and request that they change security teams. Let them know you won't be flying until they do.

Other things we can do... participate in Opt Out Day (though I feel even more strongly about this one than the scanners). Some are saying that when you opt out, refuse to go to the back room where they do it in private, but make sure you stay in public. This makes sure others know what they are doing to you... and may just be a safer option.

My preference to the whole thing is to "opt out" of flying that day all together... or more than that, not to fly at all until this is done away with! Vote with your dollars... they can't argue with that if we all do it!

Do you have any stories of your recent flights??? The more we share, the more we can encourage each other... and maybe, just maybe see change!

Related:

Are you flying this holiday season? A violation of more than our 4th amendment rights

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have conflicting feelings on this. On one hand I don't want, nor do I want my children to be "felt" up or photographed with the body scanner. I also just saw that contrary to the TSA's claims that no scans were saved, some scans were in fact saved. BUT when people are shoving drugs and who knows what else in their bodies (or even their children) that cannot be "seen" without the patting down and/or body scans. My in-laws fly ALOT, and I want them to be safe. Is this what it takes? I don't know. I certainly is a "hot button" issue right now.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

True enough Meganpics! But at the same time, if they are going to do it, they are going to do it. What's next? A cavity search? Will we have to strip down and have someone search our insides before we can get on an airplane?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home