This Page

has been moved to new address

My last 24 hours... and maybe my next

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: My last 24 hours... and maybe my next

Friday, November 12, 2010

My last 24 hours... and maybe my next

Feels like midnight... it's 8pm.

I'm freezing in my robe, thermal pants and cozy slippers... it's 68. The heater just kicked on.

I hurt. I'm working on that one.

The house is destroyed. That can wait.

Several posts are scheduled for this next week... otherwise, I'm probably not here.



At November 12, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

I wanted to leave a quick word: I am very cautious about medications. I rarely take them and I rarely give them to my kids, even (or especially) when they have a fever. I believe God has given the amazing ability for our bodies to heal themselves.

That being said, I have had mastitis many times over the past 6 years. (Somehow I never got it nursing my 1st son, but I seem very vulnerable to it now.) I've found that you have to be very aggressive to treat it. Once or twice, I've been able to beat it with rest and nursing and fluids. But other times, nothing works and it is in my best interest to treat it with antibiotics. It usually goes away within 24 hours after that and the difference is amazing.

Certainly, do what you feel is best, but I wanted to chime in with my personal experience.

At November 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Thanks for sharing Kristin! As I lay in bed Thursday night, I had every intention of starting antibiotics as soon as we could get some Friday morning. But I was going to do every natural thing I could in the mean time... including garlic!

I was so grateful that my fever reduced from just under 102 to 96.9 (the lowest I've ever seen it) by early morning. The baby woke up every 2-2.5 hours all night long (unusual since he's been sleeping through the night more than a month now), for which I'm grateful because I needed to feed him as many times as possible and I never would have woken up on my own. As it was, My Beloved was waking me up and telling me to feed him. I would forget and try to get him back to sleep without feeding.

Anyway, I felt so much better, though not all the way, by morning when our Nurse Practitioner friend dropped by to have a look at me. I kept up with the garlic and other things all day and My Beloved stayed home so I could do more resting. Thanks for the prayers! With His help, I've eluded needing antibiotics for mastitis again!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home