This Page

has been moved to new address

Preparing for Evacuation Type Emergencies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Preparing for Evacuation Type Emergencies

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Preparing for Evacuation Type Emergencies


I love Homestead Revivals Preparedness Challenge. Proverbs 31:21 says "When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet." Basically... when hard times came, she was prepared!

We never know what's going to happen. Whether we are preparing for the colds of winter or the droughts of summer, we are to be prepared. From house fires to earthquakes and nuclear disasters, there are all sorts of things to be prepared for. And these last few require being prepared to grab and go in a hurry, don't they.


This week I've begun working on "leave in a hurry" bags. It's been tough for me to do because I keep thinking of all the things we'd be leaving behind in that sort of situation and I'm not really ok with that. But then I have to remind myself that this is a last resort sort of thing. What would we need to really survive for a few days until help arrived, or we could get somewhere else? There are all sorts of things, and I hope to be more prepared this next week... but what I have done so far is gather some kid clothes. Something warm and comfy for late night or cold weather, some long sleeves and "pants" options, and a pair warm weather clothes for each. Combined with whatever they would be wearing when the "disaster" strikes, and they should be dressed for whatever.

It's not much... but it's a start. How much more glad will I be if I can "have no fear for my household" in one of those situations... because I've prepared ahead!

Join Homestead Revival today for some more preparedness ideas... and link up your own!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

good idea! I think about this 'catastrophic event' coming at nite-- because we sleep in so little...sssshhh!
clothes on our back is an understatement...
Having a GRAB-BAG is a great idea.

 
At May 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Rana said...

Stopping by from the challenge. This has been one of my major issues: What do I pack for us to wear? So far all I have are a couple extra pairs of socks if feet get wet. Thanks for these other suggestions.

 
At May 7, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is really a good idea. I hope you never have to use it, but if you ever do, you'll be glad you pulled these items together. I went to the BIG city this week with a friend and she brought along a back pack with emergency supplies - just in case. It stayed in the car (didn't carry it in stores) as a back up in the event that we needed something. Very nice. I need to do the same.

Thanks for linking up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home