This Page

has been moved to new address

Adding a Hyperlink to your Blog Post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Adding a Hyperlink to your Blog Post

Friday, November 16, 2007

Adding a Hyperlink to your Blog Post

April, over at Simplicity Concepts was asking how to add a hyperlink to the text in a blog post without having to type in the actual web address into the body of the post. (Did that make sense?... I swear it did when she said it!)

Since anytime one person has a question about something there is sure to be at least 2 (hundred) people out there with the same question (I learned that in school), I thought I'd post my answer here!

Unfortunately, I can only answer this for those of you using Blogger because... basically, I don't know anything else. If any of you know how to do it in your system, please throw a comment on here!
  • Step 1 ~ Type in your post
  • Step 2 ~ Select the text you want your hyperlink added to
  • Step 3 ~ Click the "Link" icon in the toolbar (your toolbar should be made up of the font, text size, bold, italic, text color, link....) It looks like a world with a chain link at the top of it.
  • Step 4 ~ Type in the address for the webpage you want to link to (or paste it in... this is what I do. To limit errors I open the page I want to link to and copy the url line [the http://www...whatever at the top of your screen])
  • Step 5 ~ Click ok.

(Edited: Note when you put the address into the "Link" box in step 4 that you only have "http://" in there once. :) I should have said that before. When you open the box the "http://" is already there. When I copy and paste in the address I want to link to, I first highlight what is already in the box so there are no errors.) :)

This should do it for you. Your text should now be underlined and blue (or purple or whatever color it is when you do it on your computer.)

Hope this helps! Let me know if it is unclear... or, for those of you who really know what you are doing (this is my only real trick), fix me if I did it wrong or explained it badly! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2007 at 10:19 PM , Blogger April@Crafty*Nesty*Thrifty said...

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. You explained it so well. I will try it out shortly and make sure to link to you:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home