This Page

has been moved to new address

SIMPLE Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: SIMPLE Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

Thursday, November 15, 2007

SIMPLE Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

I have to admit, my first inclination regarding Thanksgiving is to make one of everything that "should" be on the table! Really though, that is a lot of food for 4 people, and it's not very frugal! I don't even know yet if we are having Thanksgiving here or not (we may be at a friends, but if family comes in last minute, I want to be prepared!) If they do come... this is what we will be having:

Simple Thanksgiving Menu for 2007
  • Turkey Breast (I may cook it, or I may get it from Honey Baked Ham [again this year]) They do a really good job and we don't end up with more turkey that we can eat. If I make my own, I could/would freeze leftovers etc, but pregnant with a 1 year old (almost), we may just buy one ready. :)
  • Mashed Potatoes (made from scratch [I never knew how easy this was until recently] ~ we have cut all hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils out of our diet... this means most potato flake boxes.)
  • Gravy (Honey Baked Ham has the best in the world!... though if I make my own turkey, I may be using some of your recipes for this!)
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • These yummy looking Refridgerator Dinner Rolls from Seasonal Delights! Thanks for the recipe Kelli! (I've never made them, but after seeing the pictures, how can I not try?!?)
  • Apple Pie with Butter Crust ~ DH loves apple pie, so although Pumpkin "should" be the pie I make in my mind, I'm following the "to please your husband" guidelines! :) (I'll be using a recipe from my new Taste of Home Cookbook this year, but the butter crust is a recipe I've used a bunch of times! ~ shortening has partially hydrogenated oils in it)

Like I said, if we do it at all, we'll be keeping it simple!


Visit Karla for more menus and recipes and Kelli for more general Thanksgiving things!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At November 15, 2007 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice menu! I'm getting hungry reading about all this yummy food!

Katherine

 
At November 15, 2007 at 12:26 PM , Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Very nice menu!

Linda

 
At November 15, 2007 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At November 15, 2007 at 9:56 PM , Blogger JavaMama said...

Looks delish!

JOYfully in HIm,
Kelli

 
At November 15, 2007 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Mommy said...

I consider an Apple Pie to a Thanksgiving dessert. I really don't like pumpkin, but I do like sweet potato pie much better. But Apple pie, yummy! Especially with Ice Cream on the side!

 
At November 16, 2007 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

this all sounds yummy!

I totally agree with the please your husband idea. I've seen lots of recipes for things that I don't like myself, but I know he'd love. So, I am throwing in some of those items as well.

Thanks for joining the fun!

Blessings,
K

 
At November 17, 2007 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Iam taking a pumpkin pie to Thanksgiving at my mom's because she wasn't going to make one... to me, you HAVE to have pumpkin pie. Oh yes, did I mention that it's my all-time favorite pie anyway? That could have something to do with it, LOL. I'm also making a very non-traditional chocolate pie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home