This Page

has been moved to new address

CVS Savings this week!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: CVS Savings this week!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CVS Savings this week!

Updated with Picture!(This is exactly the way DH set up everything when he took it out of the bag for my picture! :) I love that he participates in my craziness!)

This week's CVS plan was the most intricate I've attempted so far... and for the most part, it worked!

I broke things down into 4 transactions (so I could use ECBs I was earning on this weeks purchases.)

Transaction 1
Purchased 2 Children’s Dimetapp @ $9.98
Purchased 1 Sierra Mist @ $.99 (DH was thirsty)
Use $2/$10 coupon
Use 2 $1.50/1 Dimetapp coupons
Use $4 ECBs
OOP $1.98
Get $5 ECBs

Transaction 2
Purchased 5 Palmolive Dish Soap @ $7.45
Purchased 1 Speedstick 24/7 @ $3.99
Used $2/$10 coupon
Used 2 $1/2 coupons
Used 1 $.40/1 coupon
Used $5 ECBs
OOP $2.16
Get $7 ECBs

Transaction 3
Purchased 4 CVS Cotton Swabs @ $12.76
Purchased 2 Garnier Nutrioniste @ $11.98
Purchased Chapstick @ $1.49
Use $5/$25 beauty coupon
Use $2/$10 coupon
Use 2 $2/1 Garnier coupons
Use $7 ECB
OOP $$8.23
Get $18 ECB

Transaction 4
Purchased 2 Huggies (35 ct.) at $15.98
Use $2/$10 coupon
Use 2 $1/1 Huggies Coupons
Use $10 ECBs
OOP $1.98

Total OOP ~ $14.35
Total ECBs for next week ~ $8


Now, this is more than I ever thought I would spend in a week at CVS when I started, and my husband was a bit concerned (since I told him we'd be able to only ever spend a couple dollars at a time from the beginning), so I found need to look at things before I went through with it and justify my purchases. DH's first question was, do we actually need everything? Ok, let's look at that...
  • Do I need 2000 Q-Tips? Probably won't use all those in a million years, so yes, I will probably donate some of them (unless I find secret storage in our itty bitty home).

  • Do I really need Children's Dimetapp that my son can't even use for another year or more? Perhaps I could have (and most likely would have) waited to purchase these, if we ever were going to. Maybe I will end up giving these away too.

  • The dish soap and deodorant? Yes, that is the only brand of deodorant my husband will use and I will most likely (unless we move and I get to have a dish washer ~ silent prayer offered) use the dish soap eventually. If I find someone who needs some, I will happily share from my surplus.

  • The Garnier Nutritioniste? I'm actually really excited about this now... I didn't even know what sort of product I was going for, but I'm excited about the nice facial cleanser (as I'm trying to take better care of my skin).

I looked at all the details and all the amounts and my answer came down to this... First of all, no, we don't need everything, but we end up with more ECBs than we are spending, so we are making money in the long run. Second, (and I believe the real seller point), we used many (and not even all) of the ECBs to get diapers. If we look at all the money spent as though we spent it on the 70 diapers we got, it is still a bargain... so getting 70 diapers (and Huggies to boot... way more exciting than CVS diapers) for my OOP $14 and change... plus having $8 ECBs for next week... we were both sold on the idea! And we still have the cleanser (smile), the deodorant, and the dish soap! I'd say we're justified! Now if only diapers earned ECBs!

See how others saved at Money Saving Mom!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

This is really interesting to me. I recently got a CVS card (I have been a dedicated Walgreen's customer) because my job issues them to all new employees. We get 20% off of all CVS brand stuff with the card but I have no clue what the ECBs and so forth are that you talk about. Could you tell me a little about this program and how it works? Or if you already wrote about this can I get a link to that blog post?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home