This Page

has been moved to new address

So busy!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: So busy!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

So busy!

It's been a while since I've had so much work to do that everything else fell by the wayside. We had to scratch last nights dinner because the time to make it came and went before I knew it. Pancakes were a great substitute. :) Much of yesterday was spent processing a portrait session for an adorable 3 month old girl. To ensure we got the right expressions and truly captured this little one's personality, we snapped more than 200 pictures. From that I need to narrow things down to a more realistic grouping of pictures. This can be time consuming. In addition, I do some pre-processing of the imaging, enhancing some of them, making some of them black and white, etc. One series of pictures was sooo cute that I put it together onto a special matte.

Some people truly have a knack for graphic design, and make tons of money with that fabulous skill. I am not natural at it, and therefore, it takes me forever to do something such as this. In order to be able to turn around and sell something like this, I need to either create it myself or purchase a commercial license for software that does it for me (commercial licenses are not really cheap). The frugal way wins for now. Perhaps someday we will purchase something that helps me "decorate" or "embelish" our portraits in less time. Until then, this took a big chunk of the afternoon. :)

I'm curious... what do you all think of this sort of thing? My husband isn't the sort that likes this kind of thing added to a portrait (though he says it looks nice, he just wouldn't buy it himself). I don't want to continue spending lots of time on these things if they aren't anything people would want in the first place. What are your thoughts and suggestions???

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Hosting a Frugal Christmas!!!
Come and Join us!
Gifts, Baking, decorating and MORE!
Nov 29!!! Spread the word!
http://nicholejordan.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-to-have-frugal-christmas-coming-nov.html

 
At November 8, 2007 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Maybe you can ask your clients if they would be interested before you go to the trouble to put it together. You did a good job though!

 
At November 9, 2007 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I like it! Pretty neat! And I would probably buy it!

Good job!

 
At October 11, 2009 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Christel said...

I love Adobe photoshop! I no longer have it because it was on my ex's computer.. years ago.. I would def. buy it! Maybe center the wording.. otherwise it looks perfect! I love the scrapbook look too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home