This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple Appetizers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Simple Appetizers

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Simple Appetizers

A fellow blogger over at Someone being me was looking for quick and easy appetizers. I thought I would share with all of you. These are strait from my mom's kitchen!


Blue Cheese Bites
1 8oz. pk. refrigerated biscuits
¼ c. butter
3 tbl. crumbled blue cheese

Cut biscuits in quarters. Arrange in an 8” baking dish. Pour melted butter and cheese over biscuits. Bake at 400˚ for 12 to 15 min.


Crab Dip
8 oz. cream cheese
½ c. mayo
2 green onions—chopped
1 can crab
2 T. white wine (optional)
1 T horseradish
¼ t. Worcestershire sauce

Microwave cream cheese for 2 min. on 80 % power. Add all ingredients and microwave 4-5 min. on 80% power. Serve warm with crackers. (If you are taking this somewhere else, I recommend mixing it up and doing the heating when you get there.)


The down side to these recipes is that most of the time I don't have these things on hand... but, if you've time to run to the store real quick, they are super simple to make and sooooo yummy!

I haven't made the Blue Cheese Bites in years, but it was an old family favorite growing up. If I made them these days I'd make my own biscuits because of the partially hydrogenated oil in refrigerated ones. Pair up this recipe with this one and you're all set (it just takes a little more pre-planning this way).

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 15, 2007 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

Thanks so much for the suggestions. They both sound yummy. I'll look into the Arbonne body butters too. I have super dry skin so it sounds like a good product for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home