This Page

has been moved to new address

Countdown to Thanksgiving... for Sunday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Countdown to Thanksgiving... for Sunday

Monday, November 19, 2007

Countdown to Thanksgiving... for Sunday

Ok, so with sick DH and son, and the semi normal craziness of Sunday, I missed my Thanksgiving countdown from yesterday. So today I will post 2 things.

First this morning, I would like to share how thankful I am for the husband God gave me. There are soooo many things I am thankful for... I could really go crazy and tell you all of them, but I do need to get the baby up some time soon. I was reminded of one specific one last night on our way home from church.

While working on the Christmas Play (which I have written and am directing), we were unaware that the rain had turned to more of a slush, and then a very wet snow! Once the kids were released, it was hard to miss the "IT'S SNOWING!" being shouted down the halls. :) I didn't give it a second thought... nor did I ever wonder what it would mean for our travels home.

When it was time to leave, I simply wrapped DS in a blanket (his jacket didn't make it with us) and headed out to the car. We loaded up and departed. My husband is an excellent driver and has trained himself over the years to be able to drive in any weather condition. This makes us very safe (unless near someone else who is not) on yucky roads. I don't even worry about it anymore. This said, I didn't think twice when he made the turn to go home the normal way (in these conditions I would have totally taken the highway... it takes a bit longer, but there is no hill and it is more highly traveled).

Well, it was very slippery, and not only did DH not yell at me (he never has) or even calmly ask me to stop talking or asking him questions, but he very carefully navigated the really bad road. We were almost to the top of the steep hill (I omitted "very" for Kacie's sake... visit her new blog location here) when it became obvious to me that we weren't going to make it.

So... long story short, (we turned around and slowly made our way home safely) I am so thankful to have a husband who is so careful with us. He takes such good care of us on and off the road that I never have to worry. I am thankful for his knowledge, his ability, HIS PATIENCE, and his carefulness!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2007 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Kacie said...

Lol that post I wrote about words I don't like makes me seem sort of nuts.

Anyway, winding, slippery, steep roads are really scary! I'm glad you got home safely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home