This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Machine!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: My New Machine!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

My New Machine!

Ok, so new is relative... I finally got around to sewing today on my new machine... aka the one I got for Christmas this past year. Isn't that terrible!?! In my defense, I got it less than a month after DS was born, had a rough time with feedings etc (pumping almost everything until he was 6 months), then a busy photography season straight through until about a month ago. I've been meaning to work with it forever! The big thing is that if I decide I want to upgrade it by the one year mark of having purchased it, we can apply the price of this machine to the cost of a new one. My parents were the generous benefactors (aka Christmas gift purchasers) and want to make sure this machine (a 3/4 machine if you've ever heard of that) is just what I need and want, and want to upgrade it for this year's Christmas gift if I so choose. So you see, there is a deadline on this.

As DH was leaving this morning, I told him I had every plan to sew today! The machine was coming out of it's box (oh yeah, the other hard part is that there isn't anywhere for it to live. When I want to sew it comes out onto our kitchen table ~ you know... where everything else happens.) :) And so (or should I say sew) it did... as soon as DS was down for his morning nap (and he's still down by the way), I scooted around taking care of a few last minute things, then out it came.

Really I had no idea what I was going to sew... I have tons to sew, but nothing ready... but I was determined to sew something. I opened up the remaining sewing stuff (after my "scream... we're having a baby and don't have anywhere to put him" purging frenzie), which is stored in a bin under our bed, and there it was. My great grand mother had given me a somewhat started quilt years ago and I had never done anything to it. I had never taken its parts out of the bag to see what I actually had to work with. Today I did. There were 3 or 4 blocks done, several blocks ready to be put together, and the rest of the fabric ready. I sewed, I cut, I sewed some more (with all the ironing that goes with all that of course) and tada!
It's just the top, and I don't know whether I will do a border before binding, but I did sew! Perhaps it will make a fun spring table covering, or a gift for something. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 1, 2007 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Beautiful Mommy Princess said...

Beautiful! Sewing is such a cozy winter time thing to do. My machines are in my sewing room downstairs next to the kids play room. It's heated and finished with carpeting, but I still would rather be upstairs. I try to get a few sewing jobs done while my laundry is going. My kids no longer nap (I do however!) So when I'm in my sewing room they come to visit and show me Lego and Knex machines they've made. It just reminds me that everything in life has a season. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home