This Page

has been moved to new address

Unwelcome Guests!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Unwelcome Guests!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Unwelcome Guests!

Ok... so I'm all for hospitality! Last minute visitors or dinner guests... come one come all! This latest visitor however needs to leave... and soon!

I hate mice! I'm proud of this bloggy friend for her strides in rodent love, but when they enter my kitchen... that's the end! It started yesterday when I noticed *something* on the butter plate. Now this isn't my covered butter dish that lives on the counter... this was a little plate with a wrapped up quarter of butter I had taken out days ago to let "soften" for a recipe in my 60 degree house... yeah, not working. Also on this plate were little ?crumbs??? Yeah... wasn't positive what it was yesterday, but we threw the butter away just in case.

Today... I noticed those very suspicious looking "crumbs" on the other side of my sink... oh and a couple on the stoneware sitting on my stove (mostly clean but waiting to be washed just the same).

It's enough to convince this mama... and I'm not happy about it at all! What I want to know (or rather would love to not know) is where is this little guy is spending his hours while I'm here? He took the opportunity to come run around my counter tops while we were on our little errand to the store this morning, but where is he now???? Have I mentioned that this is not ok?

So... next on my list... instead of moving our bed and meticulously cleaning and vacuuming under it, which is what I was going to do during DS's nap time, now I am going to completely clear and clean and disinfect all the counter top/stove top areas in our kitchen (I just had a brief moment of thankfulness for the smallness of my kitchen). I hate this job! And what's worse??? I'll have to do it again and again until the thing is caught... because I never know what has been scampering on my counters before I prepare my families meals on them!

Yuck!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Oh this is disturbing...Rodents like dark holes, corners, inside walls, behind water heaters, appliances. You have got to find the collection of "crumbs." You are smarter than it though, I am convinced that if this little mouse...or rat...is so audacious to come out so often, that you can catch it in the act. DH may lose some sleep tonight, but it will be worth it. Oh and remember that Cinderella was friendly with the mice...does that fact help at all? :) Oh and pray, ask God specifically to help you catch it...He helped me get a very annoying spider once:)

 
At January 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Prayer... well that's a novelty! Why don't I think of that in these sorts of situations? The Cinderella thing may have helped... except that I found "crumbs" on the high chair! That does it! There are now traps around in the kitchen. We will have to pick them up before DS is up and about in the morning... but hopefully we won't need them anymore by then!

Oh, and I wonder if Cinderella would have been so friendly if her mice friends left "crumbs" about instead of making her dresses. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home