This Page

has been moved to new address

4 Hour Naps

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: 4 Hour Naps

Thursday, January 10, 2008

4 Hour Naps

Ok... I gave some serious thought to whether or not I was even going to post this (I'm talking at least 2 whole seconds of serious thought) because I know some of you would throw things at me if you knew where I lived (or lived anywhere close to me for those of you who do). I am blessed to have a wonderful sleeper! Ok... maybe I deserve it a little since eating was not his best category in the first 6ish months. Still, I am thankful! My little boy sleeps (most nights) 12-13 hours... then he takes a 4 hour nap in the afternoon! Has anyone ever experienced such niceness? I do hope so!

So... the problem with this? There isn't one!... except for the days when he doesn't sleep 4 hours. Imagine my dismay when I hear him after only (get this) 2 1/2 to 3 hours! I know... step back... have a seat and process!

I am a spoiled girl... and unfortunately, I often do not take full advantage of this time. I am really trying though and have been getting better. For those of you who are thinking really mean thoughts about me right now (I forgive you as I'm sure you are completely justified!), remember that in 8 1/2 weeks my home will again have a newborn in it and all bets are off. I'm just trying to use the time the best way I can. I need help though... the afternoon is my drag time... so what would you do with 4 hours alone in the afternoon if you had it (take this opportunity to be creative)? DH tells me I should nap... and he's probably right (since he's always right), but I think to myself... but there is so much I would rather do. Unfortunately I can never think of what that is when it comes time to do it! HELP!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At January 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

I'm right there with ya, girl! Judah sleep from 1-4:30ish and then about 12 hours at night. And he USED to take a 2 hour morning nap in addition to that. Takes after his Momma. ;-P

What to do? LISTEN TO YOUR HUSBAND! Nap. Nap. Nap. Not necessarily the whole four hours, but you have no idea what is coming. I have no idea when I'll get a good solid nap in again. You'll have two kid schedules to deal with...and many times they do NOT sync up. ;-P

 
At January 10, 2008 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

Monica at The Homespun Heart (http://thehomespunheart.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html) just posted on what she's doing with the weeks remaining in her pregnancy...she's stocking her freezer to make life easier when the new baby comes. See her 1/31/07 post on freezer ideas, and then several of her new ideas in Jan. 08 under "from my kitchen" tag.

 
At January 10, 2008 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I must admit that I am jealous! My little girl sleeps about 10 hours at night and 1 1/2 - 2 for her nap. With my time, I have three things I must get done: feed the horses, crochet, and get my shower. Yes, I do get dressed in the morning, but I just can't get up and eat breakfast and shower early enough to beat her waking up, so my shower comes later in the day. I can only crochet when she's asleep because she wants to "help" which isn't helpful at all. I enjoy crocheting, so it is also MY time. If I had time, I would throw a nap in! I don't know if this helps or not.

 
At January 10, 2008 at 3:11 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Thanks ladies! Any suggestions help! :) I may start working in a nap... I don't sleep great at night most of the time so maybe some extra would be good. It will be a matter of discipline to do it though because it is not my first choice!

Tamara, thanks for sharing those posts! I've added her to my favorites and will draw daily inspiration (maybe I'll actually do something too) from her I know!

Nikki, your comment is much appreciated! Showering is something I often do during nap time! I don't crochet (though I have before and do enjoy it from time to time), but I have a number of quilt and scrapbook projects I would love to accomplish. If only I would think of it and plan it in! It sure would be nice to be all caught up on my scrapbooking and have that quilt done before the baby comes. :)

 
At January 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy it without the guilt! Sleep if you are tired, because you know those 8 weeks are going to fly by and you will remember these days with relish. My youngest is now almost 3 and afternoon naps are a rare occurrence, please enjoy it while you have it - it is truly a gift:)

 
At January 11, 2008 at 12:37 AM , Blogger Irene said...

Julia was the best sleeper, but Elias, well he naps on average 1-2 hours at a time and wakes me about 4 times a night...not good, you are so blessed with your son! Okay so if I had 4 hours in the afternoon, I would do my devotions, clean house, work on my baby books, start dinner and nap if I really needed it. If I nap in the daytime though I tend to have a hard time falling asleep at night. It's nice that your son does sleep so well, so that when your baby girl comes you can hold her all afternoon if you want:) That's what I would do...

 
At January 11, 2008 at 10:38 PM , Blogger happygeek said...

I will refrain from growling, I had two colicky babies and neither of them really believed in napping (we are still training the 21 month old to sleep better) so if I had 4 hours every afternoon I would set my alarm and have a 45 min nap, then I might continue to fill my freezer, some days I might do all the nesting type cleaning I can fit in, I would make ahead thank-you cards for when #2 arrives, I would enjoy time studying the Word, I might drop a note to friends I haven't kept up with, and simply enjoy the quiet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home