This Page

has been moved to new address

Celebrating 3 Years of Marriage

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Celebrating 3 Years of Marriage

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Celebrating 3 Years of Marriage

Yesterday was our anniversary! It was a wonderful day. I thought about posting on how wonderful my husband is, or how very blessed I am to have had him these past 3 years, but I decided to wait until today when I could report on our fun evening alone together.

We actually paid a sitter to come stay with DS while we were out. I got "dressed up", which means I wore a new shirt and heels with my jeans, did my hair, wore make up (all the way down to foundation) and remembered to put on a necklace. Oh, and I actually made the time during DS's nap yesterday afternoon to polish my nails! :)

I looked forward to it all day. Our sitter arrived at 5... which allowed me to finish getting ready. DH arrived home shortly after and by 5:30 we were out the door. We went for sushi (I know... pregnant women aren't supposed to eat sushi, but I stick to the cooked variety for the time being), which was really exciting! It is something we both really love, but I don't get to go too often. It was really yummy! We ordered one plate worth and shared, this is my favorite way to do it. Sharing anything with my husband is a delight to my heart. I am so blessed that he is willing to do it.

After dinner we went to see National Treasure 2 at the theater. This is something we very rarely do as we generally watch movies with a projector at home. We had a gift card though and really wanted to see this movie before it's out on DVD. And since we had the sitter already, we decided it sounded like fun. It was lots of fun... and we really enjoyed the movie! It has been a long time since we've watched a movie without an "intermission" (also called bathroom break) though, and it was a bit rough. I was a tad uncomfortable for the last 1/3 or so of the movie. :)

The evening was simple... just being together alone... but it was wonderful. It lived up to all my expectations! It was a wonderful anniversary indeed!

(Now I'll gush on my wonderful husband for a moment)
I truly am blessed to have met and married my husband when I did. I married later in life than some and earlier than others. I had come to a place (as I was preparing to leave for the mission field) where I was willing and excited for my ministry as a single lady. I had let the thought of marriage fade into God's apparent plan for my life. Without notice or looking, there he was. The story is lots longer than that (perhaps we'll go into it someday), but it is a wonderful story... and life with him has been wonderful ever since! I am grateful to God for his shift in my life!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2008 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Hey There, Happy Anniversary! You had a beautiful wedding, so much fun! Do you realize that both of our wedding days were major stormy days? Crazy. Anyway just wanted to let you know that on our anniversary we went to dinner and a movie too. As simple as it is, it really is a treat to be together and just eat out and be entertained isn't it? We went to Claim Jumper and saw August Rush. Anyway, here's to 3 years and many many more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home