This Page

has been moved to new address

Contractions and God's Grace

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Contractions and God's Grace

Monday, January 7, 2008

Contractions and God's Grace

Yesterday afternoon and evening were very uncomfortable... even painful! Sometime in the afternoon I started having contractions (this isn't the first time this pregnancy and it won't be the last I'm sure!) Good ole Braxton Hicks! Ouch! Sitting or changing positions helped some, but as soon as I was up and going again they were worse again. Yuck! My sweet husband was (and always is) great about it and took care of everything I just didn't feel I could do. I started dinner, but then while I fed the baby (something I could do sitting down) he took care of the rest... right down to getting it on the table! :) How blessed I am.

Anyway, things continued right through church last night and finally I just couldn't stand there and fellowship anymore... I was ready to head home. It was on that ride home I got to thinking. I thought about how much discomfort I was experiencing... then I thought about how there are still 9 weeks left in this pregnancy. I thought the dreaded words... "I just don't think I can do this for 9 more weeks... I can't handle it anymore!" Before the thought finished playing it's "oh pity me"-self out in my head, I was reminded of something that I read just this weekend.

I've been picking (very slowly) through Nancy Leigh DeMoss' book Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free for a long time now (off an on). This last couple weeks I've been in the chapter on our circumstances. Each chapter is broken up into 5-6 lies we believe (in this case about our circumstances), making it easy to sit and read just little snippets. This weekend's lie was "I just can't take it anymore!" With each lie DeMoss teaches us the truth to counter it. In this case the truth is that God's grace is sufficient for me! It is so true... 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I just sat there in the car on the way home and couldn't help but smile! Of course I can do this for 9 more weeks! I can do anything He asks of me because His grace is sufficient for me... His power is made perfect in my weakness!

Remember that ladies... whatever you are facing: rough financial times, sick children (still), a difficult marriage, or physical pain... God is allowing you to go through this, and He tells you "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in [your] weakness."

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Marva said...

Thank you for the reminder. I really needed this today. You are a soiurce of inspiration for all of us "babychasers".

I almost had a near stroke yesterday when we had to get a prescription filled at CVS and realized that my $25 gift card cou;pon had expired on the 3rd. If you have the link, would you leave it in my comments section? That would be awesom and such a blessing for us. We have 2 more new ones coming up this week alone.

Have a blessing day and I am praying for your discomfort! You can do this through HIM!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phil.4:13. This is my signature verse.

 
At January 8, 2008 at 1:32 AM , Blogger Irene said...

Hey There,

Braxton Hick's contractions are hard, there is no way around that. I'm sorry you have had such a time with them. You are right though, God's strength is there for you. Thank you for sharing your weakness and source of strength with us. I needed the encouragement.

 
At January 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I hope that your contractions don't continue like that for the next nine weeks. That would be hard to endure, not impossible, but hard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home