This Page

has been moved to new address

The Rant of an Over Sensitive Pregnant Woman

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: The Rant of an Over Sensitive Pregnant Woman

Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Rant of an Over Sensitive Pregnant Woman

I don't know about you, but people who are rude or mean really bother me... let alone being rude or mean for no reason... let alone being one of those things and not owning up to it. Maybe I am just oversensitive (MAYBE??? Ah, yeah... I'm way oversensitive!), but a comment received on this post really bothered me. What's worse... because I never in my wildest imagination expected to receive such a comment, my computery and very tech savvy husband had to explain what the comment even meant.

Why is it that some people feel the need to be rude? And this isn't the first time... maybe the same anonymous person left both unnecessary comments, I don't know. But why? Did I offend any of you by my overt lack of knowledge in html? If I did, I would hope you would come to me privately first as Matthew 18 teaches... but really! Whatever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? And on top of that... if you are going to say it, don't hide behind an anonymous identity... if you are going to be rude, at least let me know who you are. I may have been able to give this commenter credit for a harmless (if insensitive) joke, if only he/she would have left me a link to his/her own blog or signed a name.

Now I love comments... I really do! I wish more of you would comment while you are here. It brings me great joy (especially while home all day alone with my not yet verbal baby) to see that someone has left a comment on one of my posts... it's like I'm here with friends. Unfortunately, receiving a less than desirable comment does quite the opposite... I've got to tell you, it doesn't take this pregnant woman, 9 1/2 weeks from delivery, much to cry these days. I did manage to hold back the tears... but the frustration with rude people remained! I sure hope I can raise my children better.

Thank you so much for letting me rant a bit! Unfortunately, with this event, I feel the need to moderate my comments from now on. I'm not really sure what that looks like to all of you because I've never done it before, but I hope it makes it possible for me to catch and delete rudeness in the future (since I can't seem to delete this one). I will work on some sort of Comment Policy to post soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I like the header just the way it is!
HTML can be a very, very confusing thing --- I tried to learn it, but it was WAY over my head! (Besides, I have a friend who knows a bit, which helps - maybe I can send him over here.) And it is too bad that "that" commenter couldn't find it in their being to give you some pointers instead of insulting you. Grrr!

On another subject, :-) that Lightbox software looks really cool. I have Adobe PhotoShop 5 Elements, and I LOVE it... still discovering all it's potential! I do like the "invert" thingie, then I play with hue and saturation - weird but I do love the effect it gives to some photos.

Also, thanks for your recent comment! Yes, WordPress does offer more than Blogger, and I really like a lot of the options. With WP you can have separate "pages", more like a website. So I could have a page for photos that are irrelevant to blog posts, a page for poetry, quotes and selections from literature, etc.

Hope you are having a good week! Planning on going to the Farm Show? ;-) It's great fun, and the little guy would probably like all the animals. One thing, and if you have been before, you'll know,... it does require a bit of walking... :-)

9 1/2 Weeks?!! SO exciting!!

Be blessed!!

Lindsey

 
At January 4, 2008 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Kacie said...

I know what you mean! I can't stand rude anonymous commenters. What's their deal?

I received a very mean comment yesterday, too (maybe it was the same person, lol). I was shocked at just how rude and off base it was.

People can be so cowardly.

<3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home