This Page

has been moved to new address

In the mean time...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: In the mean time...

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In the mean time...

I have a heavy post, rather series of posts, on the horizon, but as I was preparing to select all, copy and paste the first one from Microsoft Word to this here blog post, I just wasn't ready. Too many things are just too heavy on my heart today. Too many things go unanswered. Don't you worry, I will get there. The day will come, perhaps this week, perhaps next, perhaps even further down the road, that I will actually get that post copied over and published to share with you all, but in the mean time there is plenty a lighter topic that can be covered here today!

Ok... lighter? Unfortunately I really don't have any new poop stories for you today... unless you want to count yesterday's blow out! Oh yes... lets! (Have I apologized recently for dragging you through all this muck... really, this is lighter!) A blow out is a blow out, but yesterday there was literally pooling yellow goop in the outfit, not the diaper, but in the outfit that I carefully removed from DD. It lay carefully next to where we worked to clean up said child without getting it everywhere. Meanwhile I said "don't touch" about a million times to my 16 month old who was watching nearby. I don't know what caused me to turn my back for a moment, but before I knew what was happening, it was on his hand, on his shirt, and gracious sakes I haven't even found the rest of the places yet. Ugh! Little boys... if he isn't allowed to play in his own poop, he goes after his sisters!

Yes... that was lighter! I'm almost smiling now. A great feat for today!

I do have one more item of business to cover today (aside from sharing my troubling daily events with you all!) I'm sick of DH, DS, and DD! No, no, not the people they represent, the initials themselves! I've been giving thought the last week or so to assigning names to my precious family in order to continue giving you glimpses into our private life in an anonymous way. Since this has been dubbed Improve your Blog Month, although I'm not participating in the official "follow all the rules" way, I've decided to make some changes to make my blog a little more me... or at least a little more fun by my standards of attractiveness. I figure that even if it doesn't delight any of you, I would like it to delight me! So on we go. :)

One of the things I want to "improve" is the names I give my family! DH, DS, and DD were fine in the beginning when I was just blogging to blog and didn't have any idea I would actually have "readers". Now that I've buckled down and made this a regular part of my life (who knew!), my family need names! Those of you reading this by way of the archives a year or two down the road have no idea what I'm talking about because I will be... dare I say it... going back through and changing the names of my family to make everything match (matching is important... kind of like symmetry). It will take a while, but I will plug away at it. I am sorry if it does crazy things to your readers... I don't have one so I really don't know how they work... if you can even add me? I don't know.

Where were we? Ah yes...

I originally thought my husband would be the hardest! What ever would I call him? I want the names I select to be meaningful (if only to me) and match each person "perfectly"... at least to a point! Turns out though, that my sweet husband isn't going to be hard to rename after all! I stumbled on One Thing today by way of Rocks in my Dryer. Jenni, the author of One Thing is a mother of 12! and very funny if you ask me. I'm pretty much going to add her toward the top of my favorites list and read her for a while! Maybe forever. I'm considering going back and reading everything she's written if it is all as great as the handful of posts I've read already! The funniest of all is that she live-blogged her labor over the weekend! That's right! Number 12 is here and she shared much of it (till the painful part) with the world!

Anyway, I digress... as I was reading the first post of her labor experience (you have to scroll down a bit to find it, she was referring to her husband as "My Beloved" and I realized that there is no other name in this world more perfect than that for my Love! Truly, in real life I never use his given name anyway... whenever I do it just feels weird! 99% of the time I call him "Love", the other 1% is broken up into "Darling", "Sweetheart", and... well, I just don't know what else. Regardless, he is my beloved and I am his! It's been that way from the beginning and there just isn't a better way for me to refer to him when discussing him with all of you!

Ah... one down! Now I need your help. I have a couple ideas for my little ones, but I want to hear your ideas first! I imagine you are each individually more creative than I could ever hope to be in these sorts of things. Sure, I can come up with footprints on paper or hand prints on paper or, um... I guess that's all, but when it comes to something really important like what to call your children on the Internet, I'm just not creative at all! So what do you think??? Leave me a comment and help a girl out! I'll make some sort of decision in the next few days! If you inspire me in such a way that I say "why yes... that's PERFECT! I can't believe I didn't think of that before (except I can because I'm not creative like this)", then I may just have to throw another Pampered Chef cookbook at you this week. Yes... that's 2 giveaways in one week! If however you simply come up with the ones I'm already leaning toward, then I'll just have to give this book away next week by random drawing! :)

Ok... I'm sure there is something around this house I could be doing to make my husband... My Beloved, smile a little brighter when he gets home! :) I'm off!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Marva said...

Just wanted to check in and say HI! Hope you are having a great week! I love the Beloved part! I don't have any suggestions for the children's names.....I'm not very good at stuff like that.....

Can't wait to see your heavy post(s) in the future!

Blessings!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home