This Page

has been moved to new address

Weekend 1, Day 2 or... the return of the 90s!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Weekend 1, Day 2 or... the return of the 90s!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend 1, Day 2 or... the return of the 90s!

Some would say the 90s were a very formative decade in my life. I was in Jr. High, High School, and college during the 1990s! It's a little crazy to think about. While much of the 90s were at least some what normal (who am I to say, I was in a very conservative college for the last half of it... clueless to trends and fads to be sure!), the first few years were still a little bizarre by today's standards. And who can blame them, they were coming straight off the 80s! And while I admit to wearing leg warmers and listening to Madonna and New Kids on the Block (I did, I'm sorry, but I did), it was sort of a bizarre decade to look back on ~ one my husband says never should have happened... but that was the 80s, we're talking about the early 90s here.

Where were we? Oh yes... I'm not sure when florescent entered the picture, or when it ended, but I was certainly on that train while it was here! One particular outfit (which I loved... and I'm sorry, never should have happened) I wore as often as it was clean consisted of 2 florescent colors. It was also the era of the layered t-shirts (not the same as today when we layer a tank under a v-neck or some similar thing... just 2 t-shirts, known only because of the cuffing at the end of the short sleeve), and, gracious sakes, the layered scrunch socks! I wish I had a picture to share with you, but I'm thankful that I don't at the same time. My florescent selection of choice was pink and yellow. I don't remember which one I wore on the outside, but whichever one was underneath poked out in the cuffing and through the white plastic "jewel" infested shirt tie thing that was supposed to be more stylish than tying a knot in your shirt and in whichever sock was on top. Some days I wore my socks in a different order on each foot. Yes... I was *that* cool!

Why am I reliving (and forcing you to relive with me) the early 1990s and the clothing choices we will forever laugh at? Well, because I thought those days were gone! I thought florescent was out! So why is it that baby poop needs to be florescent? Florescent orange, green and yellow are regulars in this house hold (not in the same diaper thankfully!) Yesterdays florescent color of choice, to adorn me, my sheets and the baby I might add, was yellow! Oh yes, let me share...

It's the first feeding of the day. Still husband-less for the weekend, I sat up in bed alone yesterday morning when DD decided it was time to eat again around 7 am. I propped myself on pillows and I brought her into bed with me to nurse. Grabbing my Bible (if I don't get it read while nursing, the day will take off without me) I settled in to read and nurse from the warmth and comfort of my bed. About half way through, I noticed wetness as my arm brushed by my side. I was leaking! That's odd... I was sure I'd taken steps to avoid that. Oh well... I wiped my hand across my side to dry everything off, but when I pulled my hand back front, it wasn't milk!

OOOhhhh... yuck! And let me tell you people... it was florescent and it was everywhere. Me, the sheets, the blanket, the boppy (those things are great!)... everything! How do you even begin cleaning something like that? I had a flash of the other great poop incident and slowly began.

That was the start of day 2. I am so glad to tell you that the rest of the day went pretty seamless! :) The weather was beautiful! We got to go on a walk in the morning and another in the evening. DS ate lunch and dinner without any problem. He EVEN took a 4ish hour nap in the middle! And in the evening, after he was in bed, I was able to start some organization projects at the computer (involving budget and groceries... I'll be sharing when I'm done). Over all... a great day! :) Now if only my husband were here! :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 at 3:10 PM , Blogger IF said...

Oh no! I needed a good laugh. It is amazing how one sweet little baby can make such a mess sometimes! Husbands really come in handy in those cases, at least he will have a good laugh when you get to fill him in on your weekend! Sorry you have a long line of husband-less weekends ahead, I know that is hard! I can't imagine how hard that is with two just yet. Hang in there!

 
At April 13, 2008 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Heehee! I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm waiting for Daniel to have a really good blow-out. I know it will happen.

 
At April 14, 2008 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Marva said...

Can I just say ewwwwww! Yuck!

When Tiger was so sick with c. diff his stools were bloody and spelled of rotten eggs and potatoes. Bad enough, but he contagious to his twin for over four months.

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home