This Page

has been moved to new address

Weekend 1, Day 3... OH POOP!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Weekend 1, Day 3... OH POOP!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend 1, Day 3... OH POOP!

I'm sure you are sensing a theme around here these days (with this and this just behind us), but what can you expect? I have a newborn and at 16 month old boy!

Yesterday went pretty well. I did have to deal with the normal disobedience and fussiness that comes with not giving him the attention I should have. I woke up unrested and just didn't have the energy I usually do (and that isn't much). I was excited for nap time to arrive! I was even more excited when I got him up from his nap and his (fully loaded) diaper was still on... even his pants were still on (that was a bonus).

As we sat together in the living room (I was finishing up a couple things on the computer), I just couldn't figure out what "that" smell was. It wasn't good... but the diaper was clean, so we moved on. A little while later I noticed something on DS's nose! It was brown. Hmmm... I had noticed when changing the earlier diaper that something wasn't quite normal, but I had dismissed it and we moved on. Now, it was all coming together.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but we are working with DS in teaching him NOT to put his hands down his pants or in his diaper. It seems to me now that it is a good thing to teach! The only thing I can figure is that he did have his hands in that diaper and that he had poop on himself (we know about his nose for sure). That would be why the smell lingered so.

We changed his shirt and washed his face and hands. That is, frankly, all there was time for since Daddy was due home within the hour, dinner needed fixing and DD needed to nurse in the next few minutes! As good as the day had gone to that point, everything started melting down. By the time my sweet husband arrived home, chaos had enveloped the home. Both children were crying the house was a wreck (and it was so beautiful on Saturday), dinner was barely started, and I was exhausted! The evening continued this way off and on until both children were finally asleep.

I do so hope next weekend he can return home to a peaceful house and wife! :) The "good" news is that I still have 7 more weekends to work toward getting it right!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 14, 2008 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

You poor woman. Ugh. I have been lucky so far in that my son has only taken off the poopy diaper once and that was at daycare. I sleep him in footy pjs at home so he can't access his diaper but I'm sure once I am home with him all day I will have to keep a look out for that.

 
At April 14, 2008 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Ummm...maybe it's time for a potty chair, just for kicks. Maybe he'll like putting it in something (besides his nose of course:) I am so sorry for you. Boys are so curious! What fun stories you'll be able to share with him when he's older!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home