This Page

has been moved to new address

I almost cried I'm so excited!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: I almost cried I'm so excited!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I almost cried I'm so excited!

Photo taken by our wedding photographer... I do have permission to use it!

There are different levels of excitement, did you know that? There is the "jumping up and down uncontrollably" excited, the "I can't stop talking about it" excited, and then there's the "I almost cried (or even did cry)" excited. I didn't realize how emotional I really was about this until today when I almost cried. It's sort of a complicated story... I'll see if I can both tell it and simplify it at the same time...

You see, My Beloved and I were married almost 3 1/2 years ago... January 9, 2005 to be exact. We were on a very tight budget, but were so blessed that my dad said we could have $3000 for the wedding. Seriously, if they weren't helping our budget would have been even smaller! I know my mom wanted more for my wedding, but really and truly, God planned every detail and it was exactly what we wanted. I'll go into all the details sometime, but today it's only important for you to know that we asked a friend of My Beloved's to be our photographer (only paying his family's expenses, which still amounted to 1/3 of our budget).

Having a friend photograph your wedding isn't something (as wedding photographers ourselves) that I recommend... ever! Those memories are too precious and having all those pictures in a nice album to keep "forever" is too big a deal. We made this exception, though, because this friend is, in fact, a professional photographer. He and his wife did a beautiful job and we love our photos. Because I have the know how to create our own wedding album from those images, and because this friend of ours really hates doing all the little "wedding photography" details like the album etc, he gave me all the files to do with as we wished.

Well, long story shorter (really, I'm skipping tons of little details that I would normally share), I'm a major procrastinator and we still have no wedding album. About 6 months ago we decided it was time and I started playing with the pictures I have on my computer. As soon as I started though, I noticed that ALL the files on my computer had been resized to email resolutions (i.e. will NEVER look anywhere near decent printed small, let alone big in a grand beautiful album.) One more detail?... I couldn't find the original DVD of files anywhere.

I resigned myself that they were gone forever. I had no idea what I could have done with them, but I had looked everywhere they could be. I was so proud of myself... I didn't cry, I didn't pout, I didn't do any of that. I simply decided it would be ok, that in light of eternity it wasn't a big deal, and at least I could look at them on the computer. Then I let it go.

Well, just this week I had a brain moment and wondered if I'd looked int his one particular place yet. Never did I think of it when I could actually look until today... and there it was! All the original files from my wedding. Now I can create an album for us just like we always planned. :)
Oh, and even better... as I was looking through at pics from the reception and such, I saw pictures of friends who I probably would have included in the album originally, but now don't keep in touch with at all. I am certain that I will design the album way different than I would have a couple years ago because I have more perspective looking back at what really was important. :)

Anyway... all this to say, I had convinced myself that I was ok with loosing all the pictures, but when I almost cried today as I pulled it out of the cupboard, I came to realize that perhaps it was indeed important to me!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 12, 2008 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Kevin and Emily Hall said...

Hey! I'm so glad that you found the disk! Hope you're having a great week!

 
At June 12, 2008 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Yay! I never got to see the pictures in the Hall house. I would love to see your pictures someday. I remember how chubby I looked at that time...Julia was only 4 months old which means I had plenty of baby weight left...but that wasn't the focus of the day...I remember the rain and the helicopters and how happy and in love you and your new husband were and how you didn't stress at any of the details, you just had a wonderful day. As it should be!

 
At June 13, 2008 at 12:50 AM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

I love it when things turn out great, so great that you cry from happiness. That is wonderful news.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Liz Harrell said...

I stumbled onto your blog, it's lovely! What a sweet story, so glad you found your pics. Your wedding sounds similar to mine.. we were on a shoe string, but I could have cared less! I had "I'm getting married" stars in my eyes the whole time.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Oh, I am so glad you found those precious photos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home