This Page

has been moved to new address

Low on sleep... and my sample toddler menu

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Low on sleep... and my sample toddler menu

Monday, July 28, 2008

Low on sleep... and my sample toddler menu

Does anyone have an answer for why a 4 1/2 month old adorable little girl who does pretty well at sleeping through the night most of the time would wake up screaming until I fed her 3-4 times last night??? Let's see... I fed her at 9:30 before we went to bed... then she was up at 1, but I didn't feed her (aparently I should have but she wakes up around then a lot and just goes back to sleep), then at 2 she demanded to be fed, then at 4:30 ish or 5, then she was up around 7:30 or 8. My Beloved and I are walking zombies this morning and, of course, she is sleeping! I'll be watching how much sleep she gets between feedings today. I wouldn't want to go back to those early confused about night and day weeks! :)

I hear Tornado now, so I'm off to get him up. Here is this week's toddler menu. Last week was pretty much a flop. I hope you got something out of it, but I either forgot parts or didn't have what I needed. I made 3 loaves of bread one of the days because none of them worked. Still I had to make a working loaf the next day. I haven't had as much trouble with food in a long time as I did this last week. I'm hoping for a smoother week to come! :)
I think the trick will be looking ahead and actually doing the preparation for meals... instead of the whole "oops, I was supposed to make Mac and Cheese, but now there's no time. Now what?" approach. :)

By the way... be back later for my bloggy giveaway! :)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At July 28, 2008 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I am sure you know this, but just forgot in your sleep-deprived state, but babies go through a thing at 4-months where it all changes, temporarily.
http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

 
At July 28, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

my child did this right before he started sleeping 9-10 hours at night! Maybe your baby is getting ready to transition to a longer sleep time at night

 
At July 28, 2008 at 10:01 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

I love both of you!!! I always forget about the different ages where things change. I'll let you know how it goes! :) Thanks for the encouragement.

 
At July 28, 2008 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

I was going to suggest that maybe she is going through a growth spirt.
I hope things work out soon.

 
At July 28, 2008 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Maybe she's teething. One of my nieces got teeth at 3 months.

 
At July 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Huh... teething. That's a new idea. Tornado never really complained when he was teething... at 9 months. I sure hope she's not. What would it figure that Tornado who didn't nurse would take his time getting teeth and Sweet Pea who is nursing would get them. :) Oh well. :)

 
At July 28, 2008 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Little April said...

I like the todler menu we do cheerios Banannas and milk alot in the mornings it is so easy and my son love it!

 
At July 29, 2008 at 11:52 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Hello.
Sorry for your lack of sleep. Those are tough mornings for sure!
My first thought was growth spurt. Our DD hit a bump in the road about that time (so did we for that matter!)
That is the end of the "4th trimester" and the beginning of lots of changes.
Hang in there and remember two things:
1) all across your town, all across your state and all across the world, there are moms just like you sacrificing sleep (and sanity) for a tiny life that holds all the joy in your heart.
2) This too will pass.
Hugs for you.
Becky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home