This Page

has been moved to new address

Learning for Little Ones: ABC fun!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Learning for Little Ones: ABC fun!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Learning for Little Ones: ABC fun!

Welcome to Learning for Little Ones! Do you have an idea or activity you do with your little ones??? Please share it with us. I'd love it if you would write a post on it sometime in the next couple days and link up to our Mr. Linky. I would ask, though, that you include somewhere in your post a link back to this post so others can participate! Thanks!


We have the Fridge Phonics Leap Frog thing on our fridge, and Tornado loves it. It seems he selects a new "letter of the week" each week or so and that is the one we do... over and over and over. He loves the song for each letter and will push the button to make it start and run over to me where I am dancing or signing the song. He thinks it's great. Sometimes we sit together on the floor next to the fridge and do it together. He picks a letter to put in and we sing together (ok... I sing and he dances.) Then I take the letter out and put it together with other letters, sounding out words that start with the letter the whole time. After a few of these words, we pick a new letter and do it all again.

_________________________
What are you doing with your little ones? Write a post on your blog and link up here. Be sure to link directly to your Learning for Little Ones post and don't forget to link back here so others can participate too. Feel free to use my little Learning for Little Ones banner at the top. Don't have a blog??? Leave your ideas in the comments section. :) I'm so looking forward to visiting your blogs and learning from all of you!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Christy said...

My little one has this also and he loves it! It has really helped him to start to recognize names of letters and he loves to sing along with the ABC song. He knows the end of the song (from about O-P to the end) and really belts it out. Such a great learning toy!

 
At August 14, 2008 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Finally, I got my act together enough to participate. I will have to look into getting something like that for Sarah Beth. It looks like fun, and it's educational.

 
At August 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I love those little fridge letters. We don't have them, but I've seen them at a friend's house. I remember just the plain magnetic alphabet. Do they even make those anymore!!?

 
At August 23, 2008 at 4:06 AM , Blogger IF said...

You always have great ideas!! I can't wait to try this with Iza. I love reading your blog!!! The dying to self posts are very inspirational to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home