This Page

has been moved to new address

Learning for Little Ones: Homeschooling Your Toddler

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Learning for Little Ones: Homeschooling Your Toddler

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Learning for Little Ones: Homeschooling Your Toddler

Welcome to Learning for Little Ones! Do you have an idea or activity you do with your little ones??? Please share it with us. I'd love it if you would write a post on it sometime in the next couple days and link up to our Mr. Linky. I would ask, though, that you include somewhere in your post a link back to this post so others can participate! Thanks!

Google and I are not friends. Don't get me wrong... I love Google. I love watching videos and looking at pictures of animals with Tornado. I love that if ever we wonder something, all we need do is ask Google. So when I say we are not friends... really it has more to do with communication. Google and I do not communicate well with each other. My Beloved may have them on speed dial (ask me about this one sometime), but Google never works for me.

Let me give you an example... I have typed homeschooling my toddler, homeschooling your toddler, toddler homeschool, homeschool toddler, homeschooling a baby, homeschooling little ones, home school toddler, etc, over and over into the Google search and as I've mentioned before... nothing. For the most part anyway. There is very little out there about homeschooling a toddler. Most of the articles etc that I have found are talking about how to homeschool older children with a toddler underfoot... not about educating the actual toddler at home.

(Do you think I've flagged enough search words with that last paragraph... anyone looking for homeschooling information for their babies and toddlers... I hope you've found me, because I'm about to share something crazy that I have found... last night!)

That's right... I have found minimal help on the internet when searching "Homeschooling toddlers", but when you switch that up to "toddler lesson plan" or "toddler lesson plans", things are a little lot different!

Go ahead... try it... I dare you! I've barely even tapped the resources available... I found it late in the evening and haven't had much chance to explore. One link I do have for you is this one... Toddler Lesson Plans. This particular one has some great ideas for getting started yourself. Just scroll down to get past the ads.

I know there are more... go have a look for yourself.

______________________________
What are you doing with your little ones? Write a post on your blog and link up here. Be sure to link directly to your Learning for Little Ones post and don't forget to link back here so others can participate too. Feel free to use my little Learning for Little Ones banner at the top. Don't have a blog??? Leave your ideas in the comments section. :) I'm so looking forward to visiting your blogs and learning from all of you!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2008 at 12:12 AM , Blogger Little Mommy said...

THANK YOU!
I can not thank you enough. I am speaking next month to a group of moms on how to keep your children engaged and occupied during the long winter months and I had worried that I had bitten off far more than I could chew. But your tips offered me MANY sites to check out and pass on, as well as some ideas to try and suggest.
Again, thank you!

 
At October 10, 2008 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

I just started concentrating on the alphabet with Judah last week. After some searching, I found these two great websites for color pages. From http://funschool.kaboose.com/preschool/printables/color-your-abc.html , I print out the letter color page on one side. Then from http://coloringbookfun.com/ , I choose a picture that starts with the same letter and print it on the other side of the page. I "teach" Judah the letter, help him write it, and as he colors I tell him lots of different things that start with that letter. I also have him repeat the letter and its sound to me a few times. So far, we've gotten through letter D. I have some special crayons that make the occasion "cool" for him. They are really great crayons -- a stick of crayon inside a plastic tube that lets you twist the color up. No paper little fingers can peel, and not enough colored wax for little mouths to really bite. By Crayola.

It's a small start into the education world -- but a start!

 
At October 13, 2008 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your article!

Keep posting,

TODDLER ACTIVITIES

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home