This Page

has been moved to new address

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blessed be the name of the Lord!


This last week has been a roller coaster of emotions. Praise to the Giver of those emotions! We’ve been up and we’ve been down… and I’ve even spent some time drifting in the middle. We’ve spent time surprised and excited, but we’ve also had our share of fear, sadness and loss.


A week ago we learned that (surprise to us) we were expecting a new baby. Over the next 12 hours I traveled the quick road from stunned to thrilled. I began calculating dates and visualizing life with three. I did some extra cooking to stock my freezer for when the inevitable morning sickness would come. While doing dishes Friday I sang to my new baby for the first time the “I love you” song I sing to my little ones at bedtime.


Saturday afternoon brought bleeding, and with it, fear. As the next few days came and passed, that fear began to subside into sadness and loss… only to loop over and over again.


This afternoon a doctor confirmed that loss. The Lord gives. Thank you Jesus! The Lord takes away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord! (Job 1:21)


We don’t have to understand the ways of the Lord (Romans 11:34). We don’t have to understand why he would give and take away so quickly. The truth is that He is God… and He is good. All the time. All. The. Time.



Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At October 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

So sorry for your loss...but glorying with you in knowing that He has a plan for all things.

 
At October 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous Donielle @ Naturally Knocked Up said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Whether planned on or not, the loss of a baby is unimaginably tough. May you rest in God's peace and comfort and know that even though your baby is no longer with you, you completed a great work. You were able to provide for that little one until God was ready to call him home to Glory! A home in eternity where now God holds that little one just as he's holding you.

My prayers are with you, that you may feel the ever presence of God and that your physical healing comes quickly.

 
At October 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Piper Paradise said...

I am sorry for your loss.

 
At October 15, 2009 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I'm not sure what to say, I've never experienced such pain. Please know that I am praying! God is GOOD.

 
At October 17, 2009 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous Taylor said...

I am sorry for your loss. I am glad you are taking comfort in God and His peace and promises!

 
At November 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babychaser, you got to my blog from Preschoolers and Peace and left kind comments. I've wanted to come visit you back since then. I'm so sorry that we have this sad week in common. How are you holding up? I pray that you are finding peace in our LORD during this time. I think it's wonderful that you can still say that God is good even now. That's something that would be hard for some to understand. And yet, He is. I join you in praising Him through our storms.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home