This Page

has been moved to new address

Grace

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Grace

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Grace

It happens this way all the time... in a tough spot, God's grace always abounds.

This cold that moved over my family could have caused much more trouble. First of all, I could have gotten it, and with God's grace (and regular drinking of Airborne) I have not yet gotten it. Secondly, Tornado's asthma could have continued to have a hold on him all week long, with 2-4 nebulizer treatments (or more) each day, but we haven't needed it since Tuesday morning. The steroids seem to have helped the inflammation of his lungs go down (seriously... inflammation of the lungs does not sound good.) Third, my house could lay in ruin and I could be even further behind in business than I was at the beginning of the week, but neither are true... and this is exactly what I want to share in this post.

Anytime before, say, a week or so ago, I would have let my lack of sleep (have I mentioned that Tornado has been waking 2-4 times each night?--I feel like we're back where we started 2 and a half years ago) and/or general difficulty of taking care of sick kids slow me down, or stop me completely. Now, I'm not saying I have arrived... I definitely wasted some of my time this last week in the name of one or both of those things (not to mention additional excuses), but I also did more than I feel like I've done in a while... and with sick kids.

I have been easily overwhelmed for a long while now. Frustrated with kids that were seemingly out of control, and I couldn't seem to figure out how to change that. Tired of a house that is perpetually cluttered and therefore hard to clean. Undisciplined in my time management. In short... living for myself to be honest. Living a self-centered existence... and wouldn't you know it, hating most every minute of it.

But again, God is gracious. Where sin abounds, His grace much more abounds. (Romans 5:20)

God has used this week to challenge this discouraged daughter of His. And in the face of fussy, sick children, I've seen change... in myself and, slowly but surely, my home as well.

I've also seen changes in my children as I set aside self-centeredness and proactively worked to train them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 22:6) I have seen transformation... before my eyes.

My ambitions and goals, hopes and desires have been in the right place for a long time... but I never realized that my actions were falling pitifully behind.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Jessica Jacobs said...

You are such an inspiration to me. It's great to see God working in your life in areas that I struggle in. It gives me the courage to let Him work in my life.

 
At September 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I love that scripture. Where sin abounds, grace abounds more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home