This Page

has been moved to new address

Potty Training, House Guests and the Single Bathroom Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Potty Training, House Guests and the Single Bathroom Home

Friday, October 2, 2009

Potty Training, House Guests and the Single Bathroom Home

It was a seemingly harmless question really. "Would now be a good time to take a shower?" The question came from my brother in law, visiting our family for the next week. Yeah, now would be great! Go for it! I thought... and even found myself saying out loud. Just then I paused... then swung into action.

"Tornado? Do you need to go potty?" The answer I heard in return didn't instill confidence in me. I switched that to... "Tornado, I want you to go potty." Moments later, we were done, and Uncle was in.

It wasn't 2 more minutes (or so) when I heard the dreaded words... "Mommy, I have to poop."

He said it so calmly, so matter of fact. I almost just said ok. Then it occurred to me... ugh! I had a contingency for potty... he's my boy. We were just going to head out back. But that was not going to work.

So what did I do? I'm almost too embarrassed to say... I grabbed a bowl. I did... is that terrible? I helped my boy squat over a kitchen bowl right there on my kitchen floor... and boy am I glad I did... that would not have come out of those underwear easily.

And you see... this is a very important day. It is the third day without any accidents. The day that, should he complete it with no accidents, will earn him his new, "fun" underwear. I couldn't risk the accident!

Uncle and Daddy don't know yet... but the bowl is cleaned and just about put away. :) Can we just pretend it didn't happen???

What would you have done???

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my! Not sure, but I think I would have panicked!

I responded to your comment about the caterpillars here: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1378562155896437704&postID=5934142523620690635&page=1

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home