This Page

has been moved to new address

It isn't even ours

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: It isn't even ours

Sunday, May 8, 2011

It isn't even ours

It isn't even ours, yet I picture the walls a different color.
Isn't even ours, but I know where I'd put the beds.
It isn't even ours, but I have the chickens and goats all assigned to their quarters.
Isn't even ours, but garden plans are swimming in my head.


I guess you could say we took the next step toward our dream of homesteading... are trying to anyway. Thursday evening we went to look at a little place on five acres... then we followed our realtor across town to her office and filled out contracts to make an offer.

*Silence*

Yeah. We were pretty surprised too. Neither of us expected it to go anywhere when we left the house to go look at this one. Our realtor had sent me the link for it the day before and we agreed to go look at it, but for the price we could pay, it was way to good to be true. We knew there was something wrong with it.

And there is... but we were certain there would be something more wrong with it than we were willing to take on. Or could afford to.

So we went, hoping that the too good to be true wasn't. We arrived and liked it already. Our sweet realtor (church friend) had brought her General Contractor husband along to look at it for us too. What a special blessing!

Long story short (I'll "bless" you with the details when and if we actually get the house), it has everything we wanted (before recently deciding we could settle for less) plus a bunch of stuff we knew we couldn't want yet and a few things we would never think to ask for. It'll be work, don't get me wrong... but it has sooo much potential.

It's bank owned, and banks are kinda a pain. Instead of giving them 24 hours like we probably could have to make their decision, this bank requires 5 days... business days. Ugh! That's like... Thursday.

My pastor's wife put it best this morning when she said we must be cautiously ecstatic! Yep... and the "cautiously" part isn't stopping me from planning it all out in my head. The ecstatic part is just too strong!

So we wait... and it's not so bad. We know this would be an awesome house (on five acres with out buildings and 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms... ahem... sorry). And we want it really bad. But we know that God knows what he has for us. Knows our future. Knows what we need. And if this isn't it... we know He holds the heavens in his hands. We know that if this isn't what He has planned for us, we don't want it.

And we know that if it is what He has planned... it's going to be an awesome little homestead!!




Counting our blessings...

290. God is bigger than my dreams

291. God's dreams for us are bigger than my dreams for ourselves!

292. He knows what we'll find out on Thursday

293. He knows what we won't know for days after that

294. He cares for us

295. Provides for us

296. Loves us

297. His grace is sufficient!

Amen!


Also linked to...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for Gods will to unfold for you all. We are so excited for you all!! The pictures you sent are great and we so see why you are so excited.(so much potential) Isn't God Awesome when he gives us far better then we can imagine? Thats what he did almost five yrs ago when he brought me your brother in law and family !! So Blessed I was. Anyway we are praying and waiting anxiously with you !!!And I bet Sweet Pea Loved the Pink room :0)

 
At May 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

When we were house hunting we prayed that if a house was for us, it would be clear and that if it wasn't, that would be obvious, too. It took the pressure off of us because we knew it was in His hands and we didn't have to agonize over our decisions. I'm praying you have the strength to follow His lead. It will be a wild journey but so worth it!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Praying for Peace no matter what the outcome.

I can't help but say; it's so hard not to dream about something when it isn't our to begin with. Does that make me covetous? I often have to ask myself--then seek Him for the answer.

I know He has the perfect place for you and yours...
over from the barn hop, Pat

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home