This Page

has been moved to new address

A Quilted Table Runner for Fall/Christmas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A Quilted Table Runner for Fall/Christmas

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Quilted Table Runner for Fall/Christmas


I mentioned that I've been sewing lately... and especially for Christmas presents.  This particular table runner was on my "to make" list for a while.  I first found my inspiration for it here.  And it grew (in size and ideas) from there.  Her pumpkins are quite a bit smaller... and that was my goal too, but when I got started, they got a bit bigger. 

Then once I had the pumpkins done... I got this idea that Christmas trees would be cute like this too... so I did it. 

Many call it "free piecing", though I had a hard time finding much about the "how to"s of it online.  There is plenty written about paper piecing, and free piecing is the same concept without the paper!  So I improvised.  And I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  It was a bit tricky to get the front and back to line up... and my quilting of it (also an idea borrowed from Pleasant Home) was not without troubles... but I am soooo happy with the results.  And I hope the recipient was equally as happy! 

Happy Fall, Merry Christmas Recipient! (Ahem... my gifts were all late this year, so it's entirely possible this hasn't been opened yet.)  Shhhh... Don't tell!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute this is!!! I am so impressed with how much you have taught yourself!!! Must be in your genes ;~} Ma

 
At January 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

I LOVE them!!!! Thanks for letting me know. Happy New Year! And Happy Sewing!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

I LOVE them!!!! Thanks for letting me know. Happy New Year! And Happy Sewing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home