This Page

has been moved to new address

4 o'clock Prayer Time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: 4 o'clock Prayer Time

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

4 o'clock Prayer Time

I met God this morning for prayer. It wasn't planned (not by me anyway), but it was a sweet time of lifting up those people who were heavy on my heart at the time. I awoke at 4 a.m. this morning the same way I always do once or twice a night (I'm pregnant you know, I get up often), but this time I didn't just cuddle back up to DH and fall back to sleep. I did cuddle back up to DH, but then I rolled over to a different position... then to a different position. Then I cuddled up to him again... this went on for a long time... at least 5-10 minutes (isn't it amazing how long everything feels when it is the middle of the night?) Through all this rolling around (an amazing feat for one who is large and round in the middle) my mind was racing about this thing or that thing, this person and that person. Finally, after I decided I wasn't going to be sleeping anyway, I decided to pray. Instead of thinking and dwelling on all the things and people I was "worrying" about, I decided to pray for them.

I prayed for my DH and son, that they would get well soon, and that they would be able to rest comfortably in spite of their coughs and congestion. I prayed that I would stop in the process of getting what they have and just start getting better from where I am now. I prayed for my responsibilities and duties this week (and over all). I prayed for my parents, as a couple and individually, and for my sister. I know I prayed for other things as well, but I just prayed and took all these things to God.

I have read of people who would wake up in the night and spend their times with God, and I used to think, "wow, I wish I could do that!" Well, I don't know why I can't (or don't) just calm my heart enough to talk to God of these things during daylight hours, but I am thankful for the opportunity God gave last night to just lay in his presence, lifting up the things on my heart!

The last time I remember seeing the clock was just before 5, and I don't remember officially ending my prayer, so my assumption is that I had prayed all the things God had planned for me to pray last night and allowed me to fall back to sleep. Unfortunately, I am extra tired this morning, but I think it was well worth it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 20, 2007 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this happen often as well...where I wake up in the middle of the night with a heavy heart, or a burden to pray....I almost always fall asleep praying! it is such a sweet time with my Saviour!

Praying that you can get a little nap in today :)

Blessings!

 
At November 20, 2007 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I've been really struggling with worrying over some people/situations... thanks for the reminder that I need to just lift them up in prayer! (I know my worrying doesn't help matters anyway...)

 
At November 21, 2007 at 2:26 AM , Blogger Irene said...

I love meeting the Lord in the wee small hours of the morning. I think it is my favorite time of the day (or night!) It is so quiet and peaceful. I will have to remember how much I love it when Elias wakes me over and over through the night. I have to say that it is easier to gripe about getting out of bed then to be thankful for that time to focus on what is truly important. Thanks for the reminder!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home