This Page

has been moved to new address

Incomplete Housework is Still be a Blessing!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Incomplete Housework is Still be a Blessing!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Incomplete Housework is Still be a Blessing!

Housework, among other things, can be difficult for the perfectionist to accomplish! We don’t want to start a project unless there is time to do it all… so we don’t ever start. (Worse, we don’t have time, but we won’t let anyone [especially our babies] help because they won’t do it right!)

I know some of you are familiar with Flylady. I don't always recommend her because I haven't been happy with her FLY motto of “finally loving yourself”. I am a strong believer that the Bible teaches how we all naturally love ourselves, and that we need to work on being less self-centered, not more, but she does have a lot of good to say about cleaning and if that will help you I encourage you to check out http://www.flylady.net/.

Anyway, the reason I brought her up at all is that she has this saying... "Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family!" (This may not be an exact quote, but it's the right idea.) I don't know if she says this one or not, but I like to add that *Housework done INCOMPLETELY still blesses your family!*

A perfect example? Well... I decluttered today... but I didn't get it all done. It looks so much better though. Last night while my son was in the bath, I cleaned the bathroom...except for the floor (I still smile when I go in, even though the floor still needs to be done). If I were to take my own advice and wipe down the kitchen floor (even for 2 minutes a day), it would eventually look nice and I would love the parts that were done. :) On really crazy days, I am tempted to continue to let the dishes pile up in the sink because there isn't time to do them. I am sooo thankful for the days I think to just do as many as I have time for. It is nice later to have less to do. :)

I hope this encourages you! I too can be perfectionistic (though I am truly a lazy perfectionist by birth), but I have been learning that one cupboard door wiped clean each day will eventually get the job done. :) (Now if only I’d do that one cupboard door, but this post touches on that topic!)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Mrs_Scotsman said...

Greetings fellow Flyer! I'm working on the holiday cruising missions and I'm so excited on how ready I am for the holidays!

 
At November 30, 2007 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Be Inspired Always said...

I'm getting ready for the Holidays. I'm putting my lights on my deck this year.I love decorating more n more since I have been finding all sorts of new ways from all the bloggers out there.



Jillian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home