This Page

has been moved to new address

Clap your hands!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Clap your hands!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Clap your hands!

Yesterday morning DS clapped for the first time! It was soooo cute! I wasn't really sure what was happening at first. I had taken my spot opposite him on the floor to play. He was practicing his latest trick of placing his graduating star/ring things on the tower (you know what I mean right? They used to make them as air filled rings... now they are stars and a noise and light thing happens every time you put one on the pillar). He is really good at this now. Usually when he does it, I clap and say "Yey!", or one or the other.

Yesterday morning, he put one on and I clapped and said yey... then he did it again and began flailing his arms. I watched and thought... "hmmm... was that what I think it was?" So we did it some more and some more and some more. Each time it resembled clapping more and more... he even got so far as to make his hands meet in the middle. By the end of the day he was doing it alone (I was across the room doing something else when he was putting the stars on, clapping and looking over at me as if to say either "look mom" or "are you clapping too?". So cute!!! Also by the end of the day I could hear little clapping noises. Not anything you would be able to hear, but as his mother I am listening real close. :)

And I was worried because other babies were clapping already. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 20, 2007 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Mommy said...

No matter how many children you have, you will never tire of all those mile stones that they accomplish. Each child is different, and it is so much fun to watch them learn and develop.

I remember when my third baby said, "uh oh" for the first time. I got the same thrill I did, as when my first baby said her first word.

Congratulations! :)

 
At November 21, 2007 at 2:21 AM , Blogger Irene said...

Elias claps but he doesn't walk yet...in fact, he doesn't even crawl yet! It is amazing how different kids develop. All in God's timing!

 
At November 21, 2007 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Aww! My 10mo. old 1st cousin once removed :) (one of my cousins twin girls) started clapping a few weeks ago, and it's SO cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home