This Page

has been moved to new address

Earthquake?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Earthquake?

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Earthquake?

I am from southern California, so what usually causes something like this... (note crooked picture)is an earthquake! I'll admit... from my personal experience, my first thought was "earthquake?!?" My heart beat fast and I got a little panicky... just like I would in an earthquake... only at the same time, I was thinking, "we don't have earthquakes here!" I was very confused. Then it hit me... well, us.

Yep, we really did get hit!

Praise the Lord no one was hurt, and as you can tell by the absence of an indoor picture, it hasn't done any inside damage yet. DH and FIL (father in law) headed out (on the crazy tree covered roads) to Home Depot for a tarp to keep the rest of the rain, ice and snow out of the hole in our roof. (You can see it a little in the picture from the front yard.)

We've called and left a note for our landlord (who lives next door), but haven't heard from him yet. While our church was canceled today (do to a complete lack of power), apparently other churches fared better through the nights ice storm.

I have to admit... this is the most brutal winter I've been through yet... and isn't today actually the first official day of winter???

I hope all of you are faring better than we are! Still, we have learned that we are among the few with power (so far... though there is lots of flickering!) in our area (praise the Lord for the heat we still have), and we are feeling very blessed by His presence, protection, and provision! I still hear the sounds of other branches falling around us... but we know these three things will continue!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Kacie said...

Yikes! That's scary. I hope you were able to get it all cleaned up without freezing too much.

Actually, you have about a week until the first day of winter. It starts on the 22nd early in the morning.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home