This Page

has been moved to new address

On a happier note...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: On a happier note...

Thursday, February 28, 2008

On a happier note...

My little boy just informed me that he needed a new diaper! This is a first... and I'm swelling with delight over his new understanding and ability to communicate. Our Signing Time videos cover the sign for diaper and we've been working on it ourselves (since I turned the videos back in to the library), but I've never been able to tell if he gets it or not.

This morning DS was playing down the hall by the door to his room (I can see all the way down the hall from my desk). As I watched him, it looked like he was doing something like the sign for diaper and looking directly at me while he did it. He had a very "I'm telling you something" look in his eyes. So I asked him, "do you need a new diaper???" He turned and looked at his room, just like he does when I ask him that usually. So I said, "come here so mama can check"... and he did. And you know what... there was a not so fresh scent when he came near. He was very excited when I said "let's go change your diaper!" He ran right back to his room.

It's so fun to see our little ones grow and learn!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 28, 2008 at 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! It's so neat when they make big steps forward like that!

 
At February 28, 2008 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Monica Wilkinson said...

We love Baby Signing Time at our house!

 
At February 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Sarah Beth is starting to let me know, too, and it's nice to see how she might progress to potty training.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home