This Page

has been moved to new address

Exhausted already... but so much to show for it!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Exhausted already... but so much to show for it!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Exhausted already... but so much to show for it!

Attention: If you are my husband, and today is your birthday... DON'T READ THIS POST!

Well... I am officially exhausted! I can't even believe how much I've done already today... and it's only 12:15. I just put the baby down for his nap (not that he's sleeping mind you, but he's down... well, in his crib in a darkened room anyway.)

I popped out of bed at 7:30 this morning (when the alarm went off). The alarm doesn't always trigger such a response, in fact, I had just climbed back in bed and snuggled up to DH for a minute when I realized I was hungry. How appreciative I am of hunger... it's one of the few things that makes it easy to get out of bed in the morning! :)

By the time I was finished with breakfast and time in the Word (I do them at the same time), DH was in the shower and DS was not to be heard from yet. WOW... time to get something done! That's rare in the morning. Being as that today is DH's birthday I thought for a moment about what I could do that may bless him. I scurried (yep... scurried) into the bedroom and made up the bed, complete with pillows, propped up his birthday card next to his contacts case and began straightening up the bedroom (much needed for a while now). I even went so far as to clear off the dresser of all clothes and other randomness that accumulates there. All this in itself is quite an accomplishment for me... let alone by 8 am!

Next I headed out to the kitchen again, put away the dishes and straightened in there. I cleared some shopping things from the kitchen table and organized a few things in the living room. By the time DH was out and about the house looked pretty presentable! :) All this before 8:30, and before DS was awake.

After DS was up and had eaten breakfast we decided to vacuum. DS loves the vacuum and takes turns following and running from it. (I did manage to re-injure a muscle in my leg that has been healing while moving something I shouldn't have been moving... hopefully the soreness will not last past today.) Once the vacuuming was complete, DS and I each got a damp cloth and wiped down doors and windows to get rid of the dust and dirt that has been accumulating far too long. What a dream to get some of these "I really want to do that before the baby gets here" things done this morning!

Ok... If you are my husband and you are still reading this (shame on you), then you definitely have to stop now! (and I love you!)

After all this, we started a crazy project! DS and I made my sweet birthday boy husband a birthday cake!... together. Did I tell you that we did dishes together last week? If I didn't I'll get that post up in the next couple days. Well, this was the next big thing we've tackled together! He did way better than I expected. It is hard for a 14 1/2 month old to keep the spoon/spatula in the bowl! Let me tell you, there were ingredients (that were supposed to have stayed in the bowl) everywhere! DH's favorite cake is this yummy banana cake that has been in his family for generations! We decided to make that one. Now, for those of you who don't know, bananas are DS's favorite. I was certain that we would have some sort of melt down when I wouldn't let him eat them. Thankfully I think stirring (which he did the whole time) helped distract from the "big yellow things", as DH and I call them these days. :)

Here is a glimpse of the table after we finished...

... and this doesn't show what we each looked like or the floor... or the counter where we used the mixer. :) I have to say a huge thank you to Tammy for the inspiration to include my sweet boy in the kitchen! She's right... it makes a bigger mess, but it was so worth it. I think my favorite part is that I almost forgot (ok, completely forgot but not before it was too late) to add the eggs. I wondered why it was so thick! Making sure a 14 month old doesn't poor everything everywhere and doesn't fall off the chair he's standing on makes it hard to keep your place in a recipe! :)

Now that nap time has officially begun, I still have a bunch of things I'd like to accomplish. Wrapping up lunch/baking dishes is one of them... we'll see. I also need to wrap DH's birthday gift from me. (I won't tell you what it is just in case he somehow misses the red parts of this post!) Oh, and a shower would be a great thing! Especially after that baking extravaganza! :)

Hope you are all feeling productive today... if not... I will completely understand. Most days are unproductive for me these days. :)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 27, 2008 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Laura said...

WOw! Bravo for getting so much done this morning!! :) And even better for making that sweet memory with your little one! That will be your most important accomplishment all day. :)

 
At February 27, 2008 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Aww! Woo-hoo for productive days! The little guy had fun too, I'm sure!

That banana cake sounds really yummy!

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

 
At February 27, 2008 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Can we say "nesting?" My friend, baby girl is coming with all the energy you had today!

Tell your husband Happy Birthday from our family!

 
At February 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Happy Birthday, DH!

So fun to have our sons cook with us, eh? We're hoping to get Judah a kitchenette and Ratatouille for his birthday (March 10) -- the kid is going to be a chef someday!

I agree with the nesting comment...just what I was thinking while reading your post. ;-)

 
At February 28, 2008 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

I love it when Sarah Beth sleeps a little later than usual, too, because it gives me some time to get things done before she gets up. Get those things done while you can! It's harder with a toddler and a newborn, as I'm sure you can imagine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home