This Page

has been moved to new address

When Huggies are TOO Expensive

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: When Huggies are TOO Expensive

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

When Huggies are TOO Expensive

Maybe your child is shaped differently than mine is, or maybe you've just had a different experience, but I think most of us would have to admit that Huggies really are the best diaper!

Seems like the Huggies people know it too... because they are soooo much more expensive than ALL the other diapers... and there aren't nearly as many coupons for them as for Pampers. Nor are Huggies on sale at CVS as often as Pampers or the store brand... let alone give ECBs! But let's face it, even though those other diapers may work during the day (if you are staying on top of everything), they just don't make it through a 12-13 hour night without leaving the jammies smelly and wet! And that means extra laundry for everyone... no one likes that!

So what can we do??? Well, if I can get Huggies, I buy them! Hands down! But, as I mentioned before, often Pampers or the CVS brand are giving great sales, coupons, or ECBs... or even better... all three! I just can't pass up an opportunity to get cheap diapers! So I buy Huggies when I can get them cheaper than the others (by combo coupons, sales, and ECBs) and buy the others the rest of the time. I used to just deal with the washing and the new jammies every night (we only have 3 sets you know), but now I've found a better way. Here's what you do...

It's simple really (so simple I JUST figured it out recently)... Use Huggies at night and the other diapers during the day! Profound isn't it!?! Should I run out of other diapers before the next sale (and still have Huggies), I just use the Huggies... otherwise, this works for me!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At February 13, 2008 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

I get my Huggies through Amazon.com. I do the subscribe and save. That gets me 144 size 3 Huggies delivered to my door for less than $27.00 every month.

 
At February 13, 2008 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yes, I do this too. It works great!

I have 2 stacks of diapers - daytime and nighttime. I even taught the older children which ones are which. (That way they know what to get if I send them on a diaper run upstairs - beacuse I ran out downstairs.)

I have saved so much money this way. Daytime ones are changed so much more freequently that I always thought they were a waste of a "good" diaper. :) They could have held so much more. LOL
Yet I hated the wet mess EVERY morning of the cheap-y ones.

So like you, I discovered that there is a place for both in our lives. Problem solved.

 
At February 13, 2008 at 6:22 PM , Blogger SAHMmy Says said...

I do this too! I use Huggies for overnights and alternate them with Target brand diapers during the day (I try to coordinate poops in Huggies--not a perfect system!)

 
At February 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM , Blogger jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Luckily for me, my Huggies don't work for my son's tush, so he's a Pampers Baby Dry guy. Not Cruisers, Baby Dry, which actually has more per pack, so it works out quite nicely! Plus, i've got two diaper coupons in my purse right now!

 
At February 14, 2008 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Donielle said...

This is the best system I've come up with as well. I use diapers from Walmart (white cloud or whatever) and then always huggies at night. I think that has been what helped my little guy sleep longer at night since he was newborn. Otherwise he woke up soaked an hour or so before it was time to actually eat again.
And where are those coupons?! I thought I was the only one that couldn't find them. And our store around here is tricky - to make it seem like they are on sale they put a bright tag in front of them that says "great low price" and it's the normal price! gee thanks!

 
At February 18, 2008 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

With my first baby I was a Huggies girl, but with my second I LOVED pampers swaddlers. They never leak. Ever. And she is almost two. They also run bigger so you can buy a smaller size and get more.

 
At February 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been using the Pampers Baby Dry during the day since my son grew out of the Swaddlers. I use the Huggies Supreme Natural Fit at night, and very few leaks. Lately though, he has been waking up wet several nights a week, even w/those! Is there any hope for less laundry days???

 
At February 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too use Pampers during the day and Huggies Supreme at night to avoid leaks. But what do you do when even the Huggies leak at night?

 
At February 21, 2008 at 6:58 PM , Blogger amberselk said...

smartsource.com has had Huggies coupons every time I've been on it. If you answer the survey question you can click on and say that you don't use Huggies, then your coupon is $2.00 off. I believe it is $1.00 off otherwise.

 
At March 4, 2008 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Becky said...

We found Huggies Overnights are worth every penny :)
I use Pampers Swaddlers (size 2/3 right now because they work so well)and our daughter is 19 months.

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home