This Page

has been moved to new address

Wish List MeMe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Wish List MeMe

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wish List MeMe

I’m a little slow at this, but I was tagged… oh, a long time ago (middle of January) for this meme… my first! Thanks to Rain for including me! With the “Strategies” series, I didn’t want to add one more thing, but now I know it’s time.

So, I’m supposed to post on 5 things I wish for but don’t need and 5 things of a spiritual nature… here I go!

Things I don’t need, but would love to have…

1. A house of our very own (and paid for by the way). I would love to have our own house that we could paint and decorate however we want. One with a yard that our children can play in and my husband can work around. Ultimately we would love to build our own cabin on property with a creek (like we have now). Sigh… maybe someday!

2. A large family full of children! I know I don’t need this, and God will help me be content with whatever size family I get to have, but I would love more children. I’ve always had my heart set on a large family. My sweet husband is perfectly content with the 2 we have (including the one we are expecting next month of course). It is hard sometimes for me to remember that he feels just as strongly about that as I do about my big family. How unfair it is of me to wish the opposite of his desires. I am regularly seeking the Lord to make our desires one with each other’s, and one with the Lords… whatever that be.

3. A house cleaner (and ultimately therefore a cleaner house)! I know I don’t need this one, but wouldn’t it be great to have someone else come to do the weekly cleaning (since I don’t get to everything that often). Imagine if it got dusted and wiped down and scrubbed etc EVERY WEEK! The floors get done several times a week as needed, but everything else is sort of hit and miss these days! I really need to be better about the dusting! All those dust mites floating around in the air my family breaths!... not good!

4. A new desk! This is on the list of things to buy, but quickly moved off the list after my accident last month (since they totaled the car and we had to buy another one). The desk I have once belonged to my FIL as a child… then my husband as a child. Now it is the desk that is in our living room. It isn’t bad… but it isn’t an adult home business owner’s desk. I would love something with real organization to it! We’ve picked one out at Staples or Office Max or something… now we just wait for the money. Maybe next year.

5. More snow! As I type, it is snowing and we are well on our way to a ½ inch on the ground… but most of the time when our region gets snow, we don’t get any… or very little. The mountains around us keep it out. I love snow… and lots of it. I would love the weather they have a little north of us. Or even a lot north of us.


5 Things of a spiritual nature I hope for…

1. I hope for each of my children (and their future spouses) to trust the Lord early, and with their whole hearts. I hope they can avoid lives spent in rebellion and sin as a result, and have hearts that desire to serve him wholeheartedly!

2. I desire to grow in my own personal discipline and devotion to Christ, and to see that discipline and devotion poor out onto the care of my husband, children, and home!

3. I pray to see new growth each day in my sweet husband’s walk with the Lord as well. To see him grow ever stronger as the spiritual leader of our family. It is such joy to see him in the Word of God each day. What a great example for our children as they grow!

4. I desire to have opportunities with my family to travel overseas for missions like DH and I each had opportunity to do before we were married. I met my husband the day I was appointed to be a missionary with our organization (the one DH works for) and neither of us have been on a missions trip since. DH may have a chance to go somewhere in the fall, but it isn’t a safe place to take a newborn. I would love to be able to serve overseas as a family!

5. To see the heart of God grown in me. This encompasses so many things from patience to compassion to anything. It’s one of those dangerous things to ask for as it takes difficult training grounds, but I would love it none the less!


I’m not going to officially “tag” anyone specific because I really never know who would want to be tagged or not. If you want to participate (it was more meaningful for me to do that I thought it would be), count yourself tagged and let me know! I’d love to read your 5 things!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Donielle said...

You have GOT to be kidding about the snow!
Tell you what, let's switch houses until winter is over. Here in Michigan we're going on 4 weeks now of major winter weather advisories, storm watches, lake effect snow warnings, etc. Youth group has been canceled for the last 3 weeks, today we missed church again and it's a glorious 3 degrees outside with a windchill of negative 18. So let me know when you wanna come up! It's all yours :-)
Great job on the post.

 
At February 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I have the same "problem" with my husband about children. I think he would have been happy with one! I just keep praying about it.

 
At February 11, 2008 at 5:57 AM , Blogger IF said...

Hello, I put a link to your toddler menu's on my blog. Great ideas and many thanks. It actually warmed up here a lot which is so suprising for this area. If you ever feel led to come to Poland or a nearby country, please contact me! :) Will be praying for you in.

 
At February 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. I'm glad you got a chance to participate! By the way we just got a GREAT computer desk at Office Depot for $139. It's nice and big woth a cabinet for our tower and a file drawer plus two other drawers. I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home