This Page

has been moved to new address

Make your Home a Haven: Day 4 (and report from day 3)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Make your Home a Haven: Day 4 (and report from day 3)

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Make your Home a Haven: Day 4 (and report from day 3)

Sigh... ok, so I didn't get many of yesterday's plans done. For those of you who didn't hear about what happened yesterday, DS and I were in a tiny car accident in the snow. Neither of us were hurt (aside from the burn on my wrist from the airbag), but being 26 weeks pregnant standard protocol calls for me to be monitored 6 hours at the hospital birth place. Unfortunately that didn't even start until nearly 6 hours after the accident.

My day began with an OB appointment (a regular one and everything was fine). Then DS and I drove back across town to meet DH at church for a funeral. The roads were kept up nicely in the snow, but the church parking lot was really slippery and our tires and my lack of snow driving experience just couldn't handle it. Instead of making the left curve in the driveway, we just kept going straight into the curb. Thankfully we weren't going fast, but we hit the curb (bending the frame or something and deploying the airbags). I decided to leave the car and walk the rest of the way up the driveway and through the parking lot to get my husband out of the funeral. I didn't get to be there for any of the funeral as, by the time we finished checking and moving the car and talking to the insurance company (as well as deciding if I was really ok or not) the whole thing was over.

Still we needed to decide if I needed to be seen by the doctor or not (since I felt fine), but by the time we called the doctor, they were just closed for lunch. Sigh! By the time I could call them again after 1, DH was expecting car and insurance people to call right back... so I waited. An hour later no one had called back, so I made my call. A half hour later they called back to say I should be seen and monitored for 6 hours at the Birthplace. It took another hour or two to get a car to use and find someone to stay with DS.

Needless to say, I didn't accomplish much yesterday. In the few hours I had in the afternoon I was wandering around doing little things while holding an ice pack on my wrist to keep the burn numb. (It's hard to do dishes or much else like that.)
The doctors said that I am fine though and didn't even make me stay the whole 6 hours! Praise God.

So... Today's challenge! (Sorry to make you read through all that to get to this)

First off, I did get my time in God's Word! What a nice time that always is!

Much of my to do list is the same as yesterday (though, with the help of DH last night, I did get one load of laundry done and another started). I will be (hopefully) making last night's meatloaf, I still need to do dishes, laundry, unbury my kitchen the rest of the way (and now everything that was in the car before it was towed away is in there too), organize and put away the toys, and bake bread.

Add to this a desire for DS to get a bath and me to get a shower and... wait!

We have no water again! A neighbor up the street says she has water, but I haven't heard from our landlord next door. They must have been out early this morning, so hopefully they will call back soon!

Ok... this changes things... I won't do the dishes, or the laundry, or the bath, or the shower (DH took his showering things to the office to get ready there). I can still work on decluttering, but todays plan of tackling the bathroom is on hold too. :) Evidentally God has more creative ways for me to bless my home this week... I'm looking forward to letting you know later what I come up with. :)

Hope you all have plenty of water to do your chores (and your tasks of bathing!) :)

Visit Crystal to be a part of this challenge!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 6, 2007 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Dianna said...

Whew! What a stressful few days! Good luck with everything.

 
At December 6, 2007 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Taya @ Delightful! said...

Wow! What a couple of days you've had! I love your attitude by the way! May your day be full of blessings!

 
At December 6, 2007 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

Sounds like God is using your gentle spirit and positive attitude to bless your home! Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad you are ok!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will be back to read more of yours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home