This Page

has been moved to new address

Make Your Home a Haven: Day 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Make Your Home a Haven: Day 2

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Make Your Home a Haven: Day 2

Except when removed (repeatedly) by DH, this teddy
sits here on the chest in our living room.

Day 2! Well, other than the fact that I did establish a morning routine yesterday (and did it this morning... well, after Crystal's encouragement), nothing else really seemed done (if you remember, the wind foiled my cleaning). But that is ok... because the point is more that I got out there and did something!
So today... I woke up and spent some time in my Bible Study (we are learning about being satisfied in Christ alone this week! Great stuff!) and ate breakfast. We are to be making tea or something and cozying in to our quiet time, but too much liquid makes me sick in the morning, so I eat my Cheerios while I do my study and prayer. :)
I did my morning routine!
I sat down and did my planning (according to today's challenge) and made my to do list! The list is very party related, as I have left everything it seems to the last minute. This was not my intention. In fact, my intention was to be so prepared and on top of things that today was really easy! Somehow it snuck up on me! So I was up at 7 this morning mixing cupcakes! For some of you who have been up a couple hours already by that time that isn't anything big... but DH and I are usually dragging out of bed sometime after 8:30 most mornings. This morning however I was laying in bed rehearsing in my mind all the things I have to have done today by 1ish this afternoon (when I head over to set up the party), so I decided to just get out of bed. Here's my list...
  • Finish baking cupcakes ~ Done!
  • Start laundry (sheets) ~ Done!
  • Bake cookies (from previously frozen batter) ~ Done!
  • gather party supplies and snacks (still looking for other snack ideas... anyone?) ~ Done!
  • Give baby a bath! ~ Done!
  • Frost Cupcakes (this can be done at the party site!)

So why am I sitting here blogging??? Devotion to the blog? Dedication to this Challenge? Perhaps it's that I'm letting one batch of cupcakes cool a minute and I've been up for 2 hours and am already tired! :)

The "Do Something" part of today's challenge is in the living room...
I am thankful that just the other day (when getting all our new furniture) I did a deep clean vacuuming with baseboard cleaning and everything. So today (if there is time) I would love to dust and do a quick vacuuming! :) Thankfully, because straitening the living room is part of my morning routine, that is pretty much done (until DS wakes up and toys are everywhere again. :)

Have I mentioned yet that today is DS's FIRST Birthday! :) I'm sure I'll make time to post on that later... I have a huge desire to sit and reflect on this day last year! Hopefully there will be time... then I can post on it! :)

Back to work!

Join us in the challenge!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 4, 2007 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Taya @ Delightful! said...

You've been busy already! Way to go! My suggestions for some snacks are: cheese and crackers, fresh veggies and dip, and equal parts peanut butter, cream cheese, skim milk, and honey to make a nice fruit dip (apples). I hope those are of some help or else inspire you!

 
At December 4, 2007 at 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I found you from Crystal's blog and just had to come over because of your blog name:)

I just love the title: Babychaser! So hilarious, but true,

Gret job on the challenge

Blessings,

Trixie

 
At December 4, 2007 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Hey! Just wanted to say Happy 1st Birthday to the little guy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home